Carson evacuated due to gas issue
CHINA GROVE — Students at Jesse C. Carson High School were evacuated Tuesday morning after a suspected gas leak.
According to school system Public Information Officer Rita Foil, the evacuation was a safety measure. Local fire authorities determined that a gas valve had been accidentally switched off, and emptied the school as a precaution. Fire officials are currently evaluating the incident, and students are expected to return to classes once the all clear is given.
Foil said that Principal Angelo DelliSanti has been in touch with parents via Connect-Ed, keeping them updated on events.
Hood Theological Seminary will hold a Firm Foundation Covenant Service at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Aymer Center on campus... read more