‘Operation Gray Death Nightmare’ arrests 13, identifies 7 others wanted on drug charges
Early Saturday morning, the Kannapolis Police Department’s Vice Narcotics Unit executed “Operation Gray Death Nightmare,” leading to the arrests of 13 men and women charged with dealing in heroin, cocaine and other opioids.
The operation has identified seven others who are still wanted on similar charges. Those cited and on the wanted list are from Kannapolis, Salisbury, Rockwell, Concord and Charlotte.
Bonds for those arrested ranged up to $250,000. Nine of the 13 people arrested are from Kannapolis, and two are from Salisbury.
The operation culminated several months of “intensive investigations” and followup on dozens of overdose reports, the Kannapolis Police Department said in a news release after the arrests Saturday.
“The information provided by citizens who ‘saw something and said something’ was also invaluable,” the release said. “… Operation Gray Death Nightmare was the culmination of a lot of long hours and hard work by our investigators.”
Early Saturday, Kannapolis officers along with law enforcement from surrounding agencies began arresting suspected offenders who had been identified during the investigations.
“We want to make it clear that we will proactively investigate, identify and arrest those individuals who choose to deal drugs in Kannapolis,” the KPD said in its statement.
Those arrested include:
• Roddrick Breon Fowler, Salisbury, five charges. Bond set at $70,000.
• Shasta Renea Rich, Kannapolis, one charge. Bond set at $5,000.
• Tyson Jerome Carter, Kannapolis, 18 charges. Bond set at $100,000.
• Corey Lemar Carter, Kannapolis, 23 charges. Bond set at $250,000.
• Kerrie Lynn Cauthen, Kannapolis, six charges, Bond set at $25,000.
• Misty Lynn Johnson, Kannapolis, one charge. Bond set at $10,000.
• Jered Matthew Campbell, Kannapolis, two charges. Bond set at $25,000.
• Courtney Diane Wright, Salisbury, one charge.
• Christopher Dale Grimes, Kannapolis, three charges. Bond set at $10,000.
• Darryl Christopher Wedding, Charlotte, one charge. Bond set at $10,000.
• Roger Lee Hampton, Concord, three charges. Bond set at $50,000.
• Tracey Lynn Garcia, Kannapolis, one charge.
• Kevin Neal Arnette, Kannapolis, three charges. bond set at $10,000.
These people are still wanted by Kannapolis police:
• Clyde Turaine Brand, Kannapolis.
• Joshua Glenn Johns, Concord.
• Karry Edward Daniels, Kannapolis.
• Jason Ray Williams, Rockwell.
• Sarah Marie Hoffner, Rockwell.
• Marquet Eric Cornelius, Kannapolis.
• Jessica Jean Jackson, Kannapolis.
Anonymous tips on the location of the individuals who remain at large can be submitted using Cabarrus Area Crime Stoppers at 704-93-CRIME or go to www.cabarruscrimestoppers.com. Rewards of as much as $1,000 are offered for information leading to the location and arrest of remaining wanted offenders.
‘I gave it all I had’: Sallie Pearson retires at the VA, closing 55-year career with federal government
GRANITE QUARRY — During her long career at the Hefner VA Medical Center, Sallie C. Pearson found it was always easy... read more