Police blotter: Big Lots store reports embezzlement
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A Big Lots employee is charged with embezzling money from the store, located at 711 E. Innes St., between Dec. 9 and Tuesday.
• A 23-year-old woman reported a larceny from a motor vehicle in the 600 block of Statesville Boulevard between midnight Dec. 5 and 2 p.m. Dec. 8.
• A 26-year-old man reported a larceny from a motor vehicle at Walmart, 323 S. Arlington St., between 2:15 p.m. and 6 p.m. Tuesday.
• A 21-year-old woman reported a larceny in the 700 block of Partee Street at 9:47 p.m. Tuesday.
• A 42-year-old man reported an attempted larceny from a motor vehicle at Days Inn, 321 Bendix Drive, about 12:40 a.m. Wednesday.
• An attempted breaking-and-entering was reported at Direct Auto Insurance, 1951 W. Jake Alexander Blvd., on Wednesday.
• A larceny was reported in the 700 block of North Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue between 11 a.m. Monday and 11:22 a.m. Tuesday.
• A 57-year-old man reported a burglary in the 600 block of East Monroe Street between 5 p.m. Dec. 8 and 3 p.m. Wednesday.
• A 60-year-old woman reported a larceny in the 800 block of Wesley Drive between 11 a.m. Oct. 30 and 11 a.m. Wednesday.
• A 22-year-old man reported a larceny from a motor vehicle in the 2100 block of Statesville Boulevard between 3:45 and 6:11 p.m. Wednesday.
• A burglary was reported at a vacant unit in Lakewood Apartments, on Lakewood Drive, between midnight and 9 a.m. Thursday.
• The Circle K store at 1015 E. Innes St. reported shoplifting of beer at 7:25 p.m. Thursday. The suspects were later located.
• A 43-year-old man reported a stolen mo-ped in the 700 block of East Innes Street Thursday night.
• Lareesha Antwonique Barnett, 24, was charged Tuesday with felony larceny by servants and other employees in the 700 block of East Innes Street.
• John Smith Mccombs, 56, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 100 block of East Liberty Street.
Staff report SALISBURY — A Rowan County jury convicted 23-year-old Travis Alexander Abbit of Salisbury of felony possession of a... read more