Family of 8 displaced after house fire on Ted Lane
SALISBURY — A family of eight was displaced Wednesday after a fire at their home at 235 Ted Lane.
The family was able to get out of the home safely.
South Salisbury Fire Chief Bobby Burleyson said the fire was contained to the chimney area of the home.
Initially, the caller said that someone was still inside the house. But he confirmed that all of the occupants had made it out before firefighters arrived.
Two adults and six children live at the home, which is beside Chapman Custom Signs just off Old Concord Road.
Firefighters checked the attic and the wall behind the chimney to see if the fire had reached those areas.
Burleyson said the firefighters did a great job battling the fire. No injuries were reported.
In addition to South Salisbury, the Bostian Heights, Faith, Locke, Rockwell Rural and China Grove fire departments responded. The Rowan County Rescue Squad also responded.
The Rowan County chapter of the Red Cross is assisting the family.
SALISBURY — It’s not often that people on both sides of a contentious issue end up coming together, Councilman Brian... read more