Posters Nov. 17
• L.L. Goodnight and Sons customer appreciation day, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday. Lunch starts at 11 a.m. 605 Saw Road, China Grove. Door prizes (grand prize, propane grill). Food cooked by local FFA chapters; children’s crafts hosted by FFA.
• Holiday Shopping Kick-Off, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, Salisbury Elks Lodge, 508 S. Main St. Shopping, raffles, refreshments and fellowship. Benefits Elks National Foundation.
• Food bazaar, noon Saturday, State Worship and Conference Center, 515 Miller Ave., East Spencer. Meals $3.50 per area; arts and crafts. Sponsored by NC-VA State Women’s Congress.
• Fish fry, 5-8 p.m. Saturday, Stallings Memorial Baptist Church, Rhyne Building. $10.
• Celebration and appreciation service for Tommy H. Hairston Sr., 5 p.m. Saturday, Jerusalem Missionary Baptist Church, 1570 N. Long St., Spencer. Open to public. Velveeta Reid-Hairston, 252-202-1013.
• 10th annual Butterball 5K fundraiser for Prevent Child Abuse, sponsored by The Forum of Salisbury, 8:30 a.m. Nov. 23, 2318 S. Main St. More than $1,000 in prizes and awards. Pre-registration $30, day-of registration $35. www.Preveventchildabuserowan.org
The Meet the Artists reception at Rail Walk Studios & Gallery is 2-4 p.m. Saturday during the Festival of Gifts. The date was incorrect in Thursday’s TimeOut.
SALISBURY — After months of planning, the community talent show that Devora Neely personally financed and organized is set for Saturday.... read more