Veterans Day 2017 closures
The city of Salisbury will operate on the following schedule for the Veterans Day holiday Friday:
• City offices, including the customer service center and recreation centers, will be closed.
• Salisbury Transit will not offer services.
• City waste collection will collect garbage and recycling on schedule. Friday’s limb collection was done Thursday.
• Fibrant Technical Support will maintain regular hours. For assistance, customers may call 704-638-5300.
• Salisbury-Rowan Utilities’ administrative offices will be closed Friday. Anyone with a water or sewer emergency after hours or during the holiday should call 704-638-5339.
• Salisbury Community Park will operate on schedule, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Rowan Public Library will be closed Friday; regular hours resume Saturday.
• Rowan County recycling centers will be closed Friday and reopen Saturday. The processing center will be closed. The landfill will be open Friday and closed Saturday.
• Granite Quarry Town Hall will be closed Friday.
• East Spencer Town Hall will be open Friday. An observance for veterans will be held at noon.
• Faith Town Hall will be closed Friday. Trash pickup will operate as usual.
• Rockwell Town Hall will be closed Friday. Trash pickup will operate as usual.
• Cleveland Town Hall will be closed Friday. Trash pickup will operate as usual.
• Spencer town offices will be open today but closed on Monday.
• The N.C. Transportation Museum will be open Friday and Saturday with free admittance for all veterans and active military personnel and reduced rates for family.