Biz Briefs 10/22/17
Rowan Chamber of Commerce president Elaine Spalding named president of CACCE executive committee
SPARTANBURG, S.C — The Carolinas Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (CACCE) announced ITS 2018 Board of Directors at THE 2017 Annual Management Conference held last week in Spartanburg, S.C.
The following chamber professionals will serve on the 2018 executive committee:
• Elaine Spalding, of the Rowan County Chamber, will serve as president.
• Dean Faile, of the Lancaster County (S.C.) Chamber, will serve as president-elect.
• Lindsay Keisler, of the Catawba County (N.C.) Chamber, will serve as treasurer.
• Mark Owens, of the Greater Greer (S.C.) Chamber, will serve as immediate past president.
“I am honored to serve in this volunteer leadership capacity for our North and South Carolina Chamber Executive Association. The Chamber profession has given so much to me and this is my opportunity to give back to my fellow chamber executives,” said Spalding.
The following chamber professionals will serve on the board of directors for 2018:
• Kathy Almond, Stanly County (N.C.) Chamber
• Barbara Armstrong, Caldwell (N.C.) Chamber
• Quinetta Buterbaugh, Greater Hartsville (S.C.) Chamber
• Pam Christopher, Anderson Area (S.C.) Chamber
• Natalie English, Wilmington (N.C.) Chamber
• Alexandra Glasgow, Charleston Metro (S.C.) Chamber
• Diana Greene, Myrtle Beach Area (S.C.) Chamber
• Reagan Gural, Alamance (N.C.) Chamber
• Charles Hardin, Blowing Rock (N.C.) Chamber
• Cindy Hopkins, Greater Easley (S.C.) Chamber
• Laurette Leagon, Jacksonville Onslow (N.C.) Chamber
• Aaron Nelson, Chapel Hill-Carrboro (N.C.) Chamber
• Carlos Phillips, Greenville (S.C.) Chamber
• Jennifer Walters, Little River (S.C.) Chamber
• Keva Walton, Charlotte (N.C.) Chamber
• Blakely Williams, Beaufort Regional (S.C.) Chamber
• Tammy Williams, Dunn Area (N.C.) Chamber
CACCE is the professional development organization for chamber of commerce executives and staff members in North and South Carolina. CACCE equips chamber of commerce professionals with leadership skills and tools to build innovative chambers.
The organization was formed in 1994 when the North and South Carolina state chamber associations merged.
For more information on CACCE, or any of CACCE’s conferences or programs, contact Tiffany Fulmer Ott at 404-312-0524.
NC Department of Public Safety to hold career fair Oct. 27
SALISBURY — The North Carolina Department of Public Safety (NCDPS) is holding a career fair Oct. 27 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Piedmont Correctional Institution at 1245 Camp Rd.
The department is recruiting applicants for correctional officer positions.
Correctional officer positions include paid training, promotional opportunities, health care, retirement plans, paid vacation and holidays.
Applications can be submitted online at www.ncdps.gov/careers/correction or onsite at the career fair.
NCDPS’s prison policy forbids tobacco products, cell phones, weapons, purses and containers inside the facility.
A valid photo ID and appropriate attire are required to tour the facility.
Tank tops, spandex, shorts, halter tops, and “any clothing found to be offensive” will be considered inappropriate, according to a flier distributed by NCDPS.
An awareness service (Eduworship) titled “Mourn, Celebrate, Connect: A Call for Justice, Care & Ministry.” will be held at Hood Theological... read more