Week in review: Test your nose for local news
1. There was some good news about Schneider Electric in Salisbury this past week. What was it?
A. The company’s Salisbury facility will not close in 2018, meaning 63 jobs will stay
B. The existing Salisbury plant, located off Julian Road, will expand by 50,000 square feet and add 40 jobs.
C. A second Schneider Electric plant will be built, but this one will go along U.S. 70 near Cleveland
D. The company won a big defense contract, ensuring production through 2020.
2. Salisbury High held a grand opening event this past week to celebrate what new program at the school?
A. Digital technology
B. Advanced manufacturing
D. Sports management
3. A total of 19 downtown China Grove businesses and 20 residents have petitioned the China Grove Town Council for what?
A. A new town park
B. The planting of downtown trees
C. A rescheduling of Farmers Day to the fall
D. Twice-a-week garbage collection, instead of once-a-week
4. RowanWorks, the county’s economic development arm, has changed its name to what?
A. Rowan EDC
B. Rowan Scope
C. Business Rowan
D. Rowan Jobs
5. Rowan-Cabarrus Community College’s SOAR program — which stands for Skills, Opportunity, Awareness, Readiness and caters to adults with intellectual disabilities — ran out of space on RCCC’s North campus. In response, the program has expanded to a new class where in Salisbury?
A. The J.F. Hurley Family YMCA
B. Livingstone College
C. First Presbyterian Church’s Educational building
D. First Baptist Church’s ministry center
6. Salisbury High’s Griffin Myers was the N.C. High School Athletic Association’s Athlete of the Week for what sport?
A. Cross Country
7. When does early voting begin for municipal elections in Rowan County?
A. It already has started
B. There is no early voting in municipal elections
C. Oct. 13
D. Oct. 19
8. Darrell Harwood and his band’s recent downtown music festival in China Grove raised how much money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society?
9. Power Curbers in Salisbury was recently sold to Cornwell Capital of Charlotte. What Salisbury family has long been associated with the company?
A. The Taylors
B. The Kluttzes
C. The Messingers
D. The Wallaces
10. As part of the 500th anniversary of the Reformation, the Landesbühnen Sachsen theater company of Germany is collaborating with Piedmont Players to present seven Salisbury performances of what production:
A. “Martin Luther: Man of the Moment”
B. “The Red Door”
C. “In God’s Own Country”
D. “A Rebellious Few”
CLEVELAND — The Freightliner plant in Cleveland, part of Daimler Trucks North America, presented Rowan County United Way with a... read more