Appearances and performances announced for NC Music Hall of Fame 2017 inductions
KANNAPOLIS — All of this year’s inductees are scheduled to attend their red carpet induction where they will become official members of the NC Music Hall of Fame, on Oct. 19.
The following inductees are scheduled to perform live on stage at the event: Anthony Hamilton, Bucky Covington, Jim Lauderdale, Steep Canyon Rangers, and The Sensational Nightingales.
The Induction Ceremony will take place on Thursday, Oct. 19 at the Gem Theatre, 111 W. 1st St. The red carpet event is open to the public and tickets are on sale now. VIP and General Reserved tickets may be purchased at the NC Music Hall of Fame Museum or online at NorthCarolinaMusicHallofFame.org
This year’s inductees:
• Anthony Hamilton, Charlotte — Grammy Award-winning R&B singer, songwriter, and record producer.
• Bucky Covington, Rockingham — Country music singer who placed eighth on the 5th season of the Fox Network’s American Idol series.
• Jim Lauderdale, Troutman — A multi-Grammy Award-winning country, bluegrass, and Americana singer/songwriter.
• Richard Lewis Spencer, Wadesboro — Known for his Grammy award winning song “Color Him Father,” and his work with Curtis Mayfield, The Impressions, and the Winstons.
• The Sensational Nightingales, Durham — A traditional black gospel quartet that reached its peak of popularity in the 1950s. The Nightingales, with several changes of membership, continue to tour and record today.
• The Steep Canyon Rangers, Brevard — Grammy Award-winning bluegrass band that often appears with comedian and accomplished banjo player Steve Martin.
• Etta Baker, Morganton — (Deceased/family will accept) Legendary piedmont blues guitarist and singer. Etta received the NC Folk Heritage Award, National Heritage Fellowship, National Endowment for the Arts, and the NC Award.
Learn more at 704-934-2320 or www.NorthCarolinaMusicHallofFame.org