Funeral home collecting items for hurricane victims
Published 6:02 pm Thursday, August 31, 2017
ROCKWELL — Powles Staton Funeral Home plans to send care packages to victims of Hurricane Harvey, with the public’s help.
The Powles Staton drive will collect diapers, wipes and other hygiene items through Sept. 8 between 9 a.m and 5 p.m. weekdays at two drop-off locations:
• Powles Staton Funeral Home, 913 W. Main St., Rockwell.
• Carolina Cremation, 650 Industrial Ave., Salisbury.
The goods collected will go to theTexas Diaper Bank in San Antonio, which works to meet the needs of babies, children with disabilities and seniors.
Items needed are:
• Baby diapers (all sizes).
• Incontinence diapers (all sizes).
• Flushable cleansing cloths.
• Baby powder.
• Petroleum jelly.
• Rash cream.
• Feminine products.