Carolina Bible Camp Bluegrass Festival coming up
CBBluegrass Festival announces artists’ silent auction donations
MOCKSVILLE — Organizers for the sixth annual Carolina Bible Camp Bluegrass Festival announce headline-making artists’ donations to the Sept. 9 event’s silent auction.
• Grammy-nominated songwriter Tim Stafford of the bluegrass supergroup Blue Highway has donated three sets of handwritten lyrics for auction.
• Blue Highway is offering the opportunity for a high-bidding fan to join them onstage for the festival’s finale, “Will the Circle Be Unbroken?”
• Grammy winner Dom Flemons has donated a set of autographed quills, or panpipes, from his personal collection plus a brief personal lesson in how to play.
• Tim White, host of the PBS program Song of the Mountains, has donated two tickets to the November taping in Marion, Va. plus a personal backstage tour of the Lincoln Theatre by White.
• Tim White ha also donated a limited edition, signed and numbered print of his “Bristol-Birthplace-Country Music” mural.
• North Carolina cigar box luthier Thomas Taylor has donated a 6-string cigar box guitar to the auction.
MOCKSVILLE — The sixth annual Carolina Bible Camp Bluegrass Festival takes place Saturday, Sept. 9 in Mocksville and features musical artists Blue Highway, Dom Flemons, Song of the Mountains emcee Tim White and Troublesome Hollow, Fireside Collective, and the Loose Strings Band.
The family-friendly festival is a tobacco free, alcohol-free event. Tickets are $15 in advance, $20 at the gate. Children under 12 are admitted free with a paying adult.
There will be arts & crafts vendors; the Pickers’ Place jam tent for musicians to bring their instruments; the Piedmont Chapter of the Model A Ford Restorers’ Club’s classic car exhibit; a children’s outdoor play area plus free arts and crafts activities and old-fashioned sidewalk games for kids of all ages; a BBQ lunch for an additional $12per plate.
Gates open 10 a.m. and close 6:30 p.m. Parking is free. No alcohol, no coolers, no pets. Bring your own chair. Carolina Bible Camp is located at 1988 Jericho Church Road, Mocksville, 336-262-6325 , www.cbcbluegrass.com