Authorities issue further warrants for John Sifford III
Authorities have issued further warrants for John Sifford III, 29, following Friday’s incident and arrest.
Sifford was arrested after a brief vehicle and foot chase from Bringle Ferry Road to East Lafayette Street, where his vehicle crashed. Shots were fired in attempts to disable the vehicle.
The following further charges were issued and served:
- Felony trafficking opium/ heroin
- Possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver Schedule II (cocaine)
- Possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver Schedule VI (marijuana)
- Possession with intent to manufacture sell and deliver mda/mdma Schedule I
- Maintaining a vehicle/dwelling place for controlled substance
- Felony flee/elude arrest with a motor vehicle, and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.
According to a press release, the following narcotics were seized: 9 grams of heroin, 19.9 grams of cocaine, 11.6 grams of marijuana, 27 tablets of mdma and drug paraphernalia.
Sifford has been placed back into the Rowan County Detention Center under an additional $500,000 bond. His first appearance is set for Monday.
First in a series on maternal and child health By Dr. Chris Magryta and Dr. Erin Grey Maternal health is... read more