• 57°

Rowan weather: A break from rain, clouds

We shouldn’t have any rain issues during the day today, with partly sunny skies and a high of 81. East northeast wind will be at 5-9 mph.

Tonight, we have a 20 percent chance of showers after midnight, with mostly cloudy skies and a low of 67. East wind of 5 mph will calm.

Then it’s back to a 40 percent chance of rain and thunderstorms for Thursday, with mostly cloudy skies and a high of 81. Thunderstorms are possible after 4 p.m. A tenth to quarter inch of rain is possible. Winds will be east northeast at 3-7 mph.

The same chance of precipitation is possible Thursday night, with a low of 68 and mostly cloudy skies. Another tenth to quarter inch of rain is possible.

Friday has a 60 percent chance of rain, starting with showers, then showers and storms after 9 a.m. It will be mostly cloudy and 83 with light winds.

There’s a 60 percent chance of showers and storms Friday night, too, mainly before 8 p.m. The low will be 68.

Look for a 30 percent chance of showers and storms Saturday, but with partly sunny skies and a high of 85. The shower and storm chance goes up to 40 percent Saturday night, with a low of 70.

Sunday also has a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11 a.m. It will be mostly cloudy and 85 again. The chance of storms and showers Sunday night is 60 percent, with a low of 70.

Monday, it’s back to a 40 percent chance of showers and storms, with mostly cloudy skies and a high of 86. Monday night has a 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, with a low of 68.

Tuesday will have a 30 percent chance of showers and storms. It will be partly sunny and 84.

Comments

Coronavirus

People receiving first dose of COVID-19 vaccine grows by less than 1%

Education

Rowan-Salisbury Schools brings Skills Rowan competition back to its roots

Business

Weak jobs report spurs questions about big fed spending

News

Judge limits footage that family can see of deputy shooting in Elizabeth City

Sports

Woodland, two others share lead; Mickelson plays much worse but will still be around for weekend at Quail Hollow

Business

Former NHL player to open mobster themed bar in Raleigh

Nation/World

California population declines for first time

News

GOP leaders differ on bottom line for state spending

News

Police: Man killed in shootout with officers in Winston-Salem

Crime

Man charged after thieves rob would-be gun buyers of wallets, shoes

Crime

Blotter: Four added to sheriff’s most wanted list

High School

High school football: Some anxious moments, but Hornets win state title

Local

Photos: Salisbury High Hornets win big in 2AA championship game

Local

County manager outlines projections for the upcoming fiscal year budget, suggests uses for stimulus money

Business

Miami-based Browns Athletic Apparel opens second screen printing location in Salisbury

News

At funeral, fallen Watauga deputies remembered as ‘heroes’

Coronavirus

COVID-19 cluster identified at Granite Quarry Elementary

Coronavirus

More than half of North Carolinians have now taken at least one vaccine shot

Local

City hopes to cover expenses in 2021-22 budget with surplus revenue generated this year

Local

Fallen tree proves to be a blessing for local nonprofit Happy Roots

Local

Quotes of the week

Coronavirus

Health department drops quarantine time from 14 to 10 days

Crime

Blotter: More than $100,000 in property reported stolen from Old Beatty Ford Road site

Local

City fights invasive beetles by injecting trees with insecticide