Family of 5 displaced by North Fulton Street house fire

Published 12:08 am Wednesday, July 19, 2017

SALISBURY — A family of five was displaced Tuesday after an early-morning kitchen fire at a North Fulton Street home.

The fire was reported at 711 N. Fulton St. sometime after 3 a.m. Fire crews reported seeing smoke as they first arrived, according to fire officials. They had the fire under control within minutes.

The cause of the fire appears to grease. The fire was contained in the kitchen, but there was smoke damage throughout the home, officials said.

The family members, including three children, were out of the house before firefighters arrived. No injuries were reported.

The Hanford Dole Chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting the family by providing financial assistance for food, clothing, lodging and other essentials as well as comfort kits containing personal hygiene items, Red Cross officials said.

— Shavonne Walker