Blotter: Salisbury man charged with four sex crimes
Published 12:00 am Monday, July 3, 2017
A Salisbury man is facing a number of sex crimes after being charged on Friday.
Rowan County sheriff’s deputies charged Ray Allen Myers, 47, with three counts of indecent liberties with a child and first-degree statutory sex offense, according to warrants.
The warrants list a lengthy period as the dates for which the sex acts occurred. For example, one of Myers’ indecent liberties charges and the first-degree statutory sex offense charge are listed as occurring between Jan. 30, 2010, and December 31, 2010. Myers allegedly committed those crimes while the victim was under the age of 13, according to warrants.
Another indecent liberties charge is listed as occurring between Jan. 1, 2011, and Dec. 31, 2011.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
• David Lee Arey Jr., 39, was charged on Friday with felony possession of cocaine and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Dezmond Stockdale, 26, was charged on Saturday with assault with a deadly weapon.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
• Asti Rodae Loritts, 26, was charged with resisting a public officers, disorderly conduct and injuring personal property. Loritts allegedly kicked, hit and damaged the rear window of a police car, according to warrants.
• Jeremiah Coates, 17, was charged with possession of a stolen motor vehicle and breaking and entering.
In other reports:
• Michael Smith, 34, was charged on Sunday with possession of drug paraphernalia and resisting a public officer.