Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church awards scholarships
Seven students each were awarded a $1,500 scholarship from Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church.
- Lauren Bernhardt, a 2017 graduate of Jesse C. Carson High School. Lauren graduated with a 4.2 GPA. She will attend N.C. State University and plans to major in chemistry. She is the daughter of Robin Bernhardt.
- Dillon Atwell, a senior at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Dillon is majoring in operations supply chain management and hopes to work for a company in management. He has worked during his time in college. He is the son of Brian and Starr Atwell.
- Audra Benson is a junior at Clemson University. She is a psychology major and rehabilitation therapy minor. Audra is on the executive board of the Clemson Life program as the teacher assistant coordinator. She works with special-needs students who attend Clemson. Her summer work includes Y camp counselor. Audra hopes to work in an area to help people, especially children. Audra is the daughter of Bonnie Benson and Scotty Benson.
- Aimee Cloninger, a Belmont Abbey senior, is majoring in elementary education and has a 3.4 GPA. Amiee has played collegiate volleyball throughout her four years of college. She recently returned from Germany where she worked in a refugee camp. Aimee will graduate in December and hopes to continue her education in special education. She says she hopes to serve the Lord in other countries by helping students and young children in need. Aimee wants to travel around the United States and provide young students with the tools and knowledge to fulfill their dreams. She is the daughter of the Rev. Jerome and Kim Cloninger.
- Hannah Elmore is a senior at Brevard College majoring in mathematics and minoring in business and leadership. She has a GPA of 3.592. Hannah has played collegiate volleyball for three years. She volunteered at Brevard Academy helping students and teachers. Hannah has also been a volleyball coach for the Mountain Elite Volleyball Club, and she tutors students in math. Hannah hopes to work in business and pursue graduate school. She is the daughter of Gary and Greta Elmore.
- Paige Hartsell, a senior at UNC-Chapel Hill, is majoring in biology with a minor in chemistry. She plans to work in pharmaceutical sales. While in college, she participated in community service initiatives such as Habitat for Humanity, helped at elementary school events and did Greek life service projects. Paige has worked during the summer. She is the daughter of Dennis and Lori Hartsell.
- Aaron Lippard is a junior at N.C. State University pursing a mechanical engineering degree. His career goal is to become an engineer with plans to make processes more efficient and increase their yield. Aaron has a 3.652 GPA. He works at Makson in an engineering internship learning all facets of its operation. Aaron is the son of Lynn and Angela Lippard.
SALISBURY — Salisbury Academy was named an N.C. Green School of Excellence this spring, making it one of only five in... read more