POPS: A message from the mayor
Are you ready to have fun?
For over a decade Pops at the Post has been a chance to sit back, relax, listen to fantastic music and have fun under the stars with our friends and neighbors. Each year Conductor David Hagy and the Salisbury-Rowan Symphony present a program that provides a contagious joy, and this year special guest Kyle Petty will perform two of his original compositions with the Orchestra.
The program provides joyful melodies that spills into the crowd and becomes an overwhelming sense of happiness that can almost be touched. It can definitely be seen. Just take a look at the genuine smiles, and listen for tapping feet and the clapping hands. It never matters if we keep the beat, because on this night we are all in perfect harmony.
This incredible night has become a uniquely Salisbury tradition, and it would not be possible without the generosity from members of our community. On behalf of the citizens of Salisbury, I offer our sincere thanks to:
- Presenting Sponsors Ms. Gerry Hurley and the Hurley-Trammell Foundation, Salisbury Post, and Fred and Alice Stanback.
- Platinum Sponsors F&M Bank, The Blanche and Julian Robertson Family Foundation, and The Margaret C. Woodson Foundation.
- Gold Sponsors Duke Energy, Salisbury Community Foundation, and Wells Fargo.
- Silver Sponsors Caniche, Cloninger Ford Toyota, Ketner Foundation, Novant Regional Medical Center, the Post Group, Rowan Arts Council, Bill and Nancy Stanback, Taylor Clay Products, Tom and Martha Smith, and Trinity Oaks.
- Patron Sponsors KKA Architecture, Bud and Betty Mickle, and the Rowan County Chamber of Commerce.
Special thanks also to the Pops at the Post Committee, who work many long hours throughout the year to make each event a night to remember.
Are you ready to spend a terrific evening with 4,000 or so of your closest friends? I can ‘t wait, and I’ll be looking for you June 3.
— Karen Alexander
By Andie Foley For the Salisbury Post In 12 years, Pops at the Post has never had to relocate due to... read more