Some government offices, services to be closed on Memorial Day
Published 12:00 am Friday, May 26, 2017
Here are the Memorial Day hours for area government offices and services:
- Rowan County administrative offices will be closed Monday. Rowan County library branches, the Rowan County Animal Shelter and Rowan County Environmental Management will also be closed. Rowan Public Library is also closed Saturday. County emergency management, fire services and emergency medical services will operate as usual.
- All municipal town halls and city offices will be closed.
- Banks, post offices and stock markets will be closed.
- The city of Salisbury offices will be closed, including the Customer Service Center and all recreation facilities. Trash and recycling collection will not be affected. Monday limb collection will be moved to Tuesday.
- Fibrant Technical Support will maintain regular hours. For assistance, customers may call Fibrant Technical Support at 704-638-5300.
- Salisbury-Rowan Utilities’ administrative offices will be closed. Anyone with a water or sewer emergency after hours or on the holiday should call 704-638-5339.
- Salisbury Community Park will operate on a normal schedule, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- All city of Kannapolis offices will be closed Monday. Garbage and recycling collection will operate as usual. Kannapolis parks will be open for regular hours, dawn to dusk.
- Garbage collection in East Spencer and Landis will operate as usual. Cleveland trash collection will be rescheduled to Saturday, June 3. Spencer trash collection will be delayed by one day, with Monday’s routes moved to Tuesday, Tuesday routes to Wednesday and Wednesday routes to Thursday.
- ABC liquor stores will be closed Monday.
- The N.C. Transportation Museum will be open and will offer free admission to active-duty military personnel and veterans.