Salisbury Police nab man suspected in recent series of thefts
SALISBURY — Salisbury Police apparently have stopped a recent crime spree perpetrated by Bobby Joe Skidmore, 30, of Morlan Park Road.
Skidmore was placed in the Rowan County Detention Center Sunday afternoon on charges of felony larceny, resisting a public officer, common law robbery, two counts of misdemeanor larceny and second-degree trespass.
Skidmore is a suspect in crimes reaching back to May 15, and they happened at Harris Teeter, Food Lion, True Value Hardware and on private property.
On May 15 at Harris Teeter, Skidmore reportedly stole a woman’s purse, which held her cellphone and $400 in cash, from her shopping cart. That same day, he also is accused of taking a $209 Stihl weed eater from True Value Hardware at 1818 W. Innes St.
On May 16, reports said, Skidmore stole a backpack leaf blower from a private residence in the 6000 block of South Main Street. The leafblower was valued at $400.
On Saturday at a local Food Lion, Skidmore stole a woman’s handbag.
Skidmore’s bond on all the charges was placed at $25,000. He was nabbed by Salisbury Police Sunday afternoon.
In other arrest reports from the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office:
• Authorities charged Arthur Levon Stiller, 66, of Salisbury with statutory rape for engaging in sexual acts with a minor between Jan. 1, 2015, and May 1 of this year. He was placed in the Rowan County Detention Center under $20,000 bond.
• Philip Wayne Ketchie, 25, of Salisbury was charged by the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office with felony possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia. His bond was set at $5,500.
• Salisbury Police arrested Shamir Alexandra Anquanette, 27, of Salisbury on a fugitive order. She was wanted for a parole violation in Gwinnett County, Ga.
• Donald Ray Wilkinson, 47, of Salisbury was charged by the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office with felony possession of stolen goods. He is accused of having a 14-foot trailer belonging to Michael Beroth.
• The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office charged William Arthur Sturgeon, 43, of Lincolnton Road with failure to register as a sex offender and failure to report his new address as a registered sex offender while living within 1,000 feet of a school — in this case, Salisbury High.
His bond was set at $50,000.
Related to this case, Shannon Consuella Hill of the same Lincolnton Road address was charged with resisting a police officer and failure to notify law enforcement of a registered sex offender living at her home. Her bond was set at $5,000.
• Patrick Sinclair Sullivan, 35, of Mount Ulla, was charged with possession with the intent to sell, manufacture and distribute heroin, trafficking in heroin and maintaining a dwelling for those purposes. The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office investigated.