Blotter: Sheriff’s Office looking into possible child neglect
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — Rowan County authorities are looking into a possible child neglect incident after a report of a 2-year-old who was seen walking beside Scrub Pine Road.
Officials said Monday that a sheriff’s deputy contacted the child and the mother, who were both home at the time. Authorities are still gathering details about the incident. No charges have been filed.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man reported a larceny Monday in the 400 block of Vine Arden Drive.
• A woman contacted authorities Monday about a bullet hole in her vehicle in the 1200 block of Foursons Drive.
• A man reported a simple assault Monday while at Novant Health Rowan Medical Center.
• A woman reported Monday that a larceny occurred between April 26 and May 1 in the 700 block of West Park Drive, Rockwell.
• A woman reported a domestic assault Monday in the 100 block of Antler Way.
• A woman reported fraud Monday between March 4 and May 3 in the 200 block of Big Buck Drive, Richfield.
• A larceny was reported Monday in the 300 block of Cranford Road.
• Garland E. Washburn, 25, was charged Monday with misdemeanor simple assault while at Novant Health Rowan Medical Center.
• Jonathan Robert Koppe, 44, was charged Monday with misdemeanor domestic criminal trespassing while at the courthouse.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A man reported Tuesday that items were stolen from his vehicle in the 1600 block of First Street.
• A woman reported Tuesday that an $875 fraudulent check was deposited into her account and the suspect immediately withdrew $500 from the same account.
• A suspicious vehicle parked at the Elks Lodge, 508 S. Main St., led to the Tuesday arrest of Scott Owens Denker, 22, charged with simple possession of drugs.
• Damon Jermaine Blackwell, 18, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor assault by pointing a gun.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
SALISBURY — The Salisbury Police Department is continuing to investigate a vicious assault of a corrections officer by an inmate... read more