Blotter: Attempts to obtain Food Lion gift card results in multiple arrests
Published 12:00 am Sunday, April 30, 2017
CHINA GROVE – Three in connection with an attempt to obtain a $200 gift card from China Grove Food Lion were arrested Friday, with bonds totaling a collective $25,000. Those involved and their charges include:
- Nathaniel Lloyd William, 29, of Greensboro. He is charged with attempting to obtain property under false pretenses and was held under a $5,000 secured bond.
Rashad Hassan Turnage, 28 of Durham. He was charged with attempting to obtain property under false pretenses and possession of stolen goods, and is accused of selling a stolen laptop, valued at $400, to National Jewelry and Pawn No. 15. Turnage was held on a $5,000 secured bond.
Dupree Kwasime Lane, 31, of Greensboro. He was charged with forgery of an instrument, attempting to obtain property under false pretense, and obtaining property under false pretenses. Lane is accused of forging and attempting to cash a Food Lion payroll check, attempting to cash a counterfeit check and using a credit card that contained fraudulent information to purchase gift cards and alcohol. He was held on a $15,000 secured bond.
In other Rowan sheriff’s reports:
- Maxwell Pride Wall, 18, was charged with injury to personal property, and is accused of damaging the passenger and rear glass of a 2005 Mercedes-Benz.
- Marianne Johnson Herge, 57, of Salisbury was charged with felony possession of a Schedule II controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
In other area reports:
- William Troy Wilson, 21, of Mocksville, was charged with breaking and/or entering and larceny, and is accused of breaking and entering when he stole $20 from a home off Sunset Drive.
- Tiffany Dominick Lyles, 25, of Salisbury was charged with hit and run and leaving the scene of property damage. Lyles is accused of damaging the right rear of a 2000 Cadillac Deville at Weant Street Apartments.
- Billy Roy Helmandollar, 42, of Rockwell was charged with assault on female. He is accused of charging and shoving a woman into a doorway, injuring her arm.