Blotter: Break-in at Los Arcos restaurant nets thieves change, booze
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — Three men broke into Los Arcos Mexican Restaurant, 1311 Klumac Road, and tried to steal the cash register, police said.
According to a police report, the thieves took only change and a bottle of liquor. The theft occurred Tuesday between midnight and about 6 a.m. The Salisbury Police Department is investigating.
In other Salisbury police reports:
• A man reported Monday that someone stole his vehicle registration card between April 16 and Monday while at Gerry Wood Auto Group, 529 S. Jake Alexander Blvd.
• A man reported Monday that someone took items from his vehicle in the 900 block of Scales Street.
• A woman reported Monday that someone stole her vehicle in the 1200 block of Mirror Park Drive.
• A woman reported Tuesday that two bracelets were missing from her home in the 100 block of Polo Drive.
• A woman reported Tuesday that a Social Security account was opened online in her name in the 200 block of South Ellis Street.
• A man reported that someone took money and a gun from his vehicle parked at Wal-Mart.
• A man reported Tuesday that he was assaulted April 11 in the 500 block of East Cemetery Street.
• A man reported his bicycle was stolen Tuesday in the 300 block of South Merritt Avenue.
• Christopher Wayne Hamilton, 44, was charged Tuesday with larceny in the 1200 block of Mirror Park Drive.
In Rowan County sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported a residential break-in Monday in the 13000 block of Cool Springs Road, Cleveland.
• A woman reported Monday items were taken from her vehicle in the 4000 block of Pine Street.
• A man reported an assault Monday at South East Middle School.
• A student was in possession of a smoking pipe containing marijuana residue Monday while at West Rowan High School.
• Enterprise Leasing Co. in Tulsa, Oklahoma, reported Monday the theft of a vehicle in the 7800 block of Barncliff Court, Kannapolis.
• A woman reported Monday that her home was broken into in the 1400 block of Carson Road, Cleveland.
• A woman reported a disturbance and physical assault Monday in the 800 block of Leach Road.
• Phillip Wayne Harrington, 45, was charged Monday with misdemeanor assault on a female while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Julie Leonard Garrison, 46, was charged Monday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses in the 100 block of West Liberty Street.
• Edward Dane Wyles, 17, was charged Monday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule VI in the 8000 block of N.C. 801, Mount Ulla.
• Spencer Wayne Clayton, 19, was charged Monday with felony larceny from a person while at the Rowan County courthouse.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
The Rowan Museum’s 1819 Utzman-Chambers House, located at 116 S. Jackson St., will have a special open house on Saturday from... read more