Blotter: Yadkinville woman charged with trafficking heroin
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — A Yadkinville woman is being held in the county jail on a charge of trafficking in heroin following an undercover drug buy.
The incident occurred Monday afternoon on Freeland Drive.
Salisbury police charged Heidi Elizabeth Walter, 39, of the 1900 block of Gospel Way Church Road, with felony trafficking in heroin and felony maintaining a vehicle or dwelling for dealing in controlled substances.
Police officers said they heard about Walter and contacted her to set up a drug buy. She arrived at Murphy Express just before 2:30 p.m. and sold an undercover officer oxycodone, police said. She had 20 pills in her possession and showed up with her 19-year-old daughter, police said. Officials said she was taking her daughter somewhere else, and the teen was not charged.
Walter remains in the county jail under a $30,000 secured bond.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A woman reported Saturday that someone took items from her vehicle parked at 325 Carolina Blvd.
• A man reported a vehicle break-in Saturday at 315 Carolina Blvd.
• A man reported a vehicle break-in Saturday at 227 Carolina Blvd.
• A woman reported Saturday that someone stole her prescription medications in the 300 block of Bendix Drive.
• A man reported Saturday that his medications were stolen at Oak Park Retirement, 548 White Oaks Drive.
• A woman reported a burglary Saturday in the 300 block of South West Street.
• A woman reported Saturday her cellphone and money were stolen in the 200 block of East Fisher Street.
• A man reported a gun assault Saturday in the 2300 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• A man reported a domestic assault Sunday in the 600 block of South Caldwell Street.
• A man reported Sunday that someone took items from his vehicle while at Pop Shoppe, 1831 W. Innes St.
• Pop Shoppe reported a break-in Sunday someone at the business, 1509 E. Innes St.
• A man reported Sunday that someone convinced him to get prepaid money cards at $400 each and give the numbers over the phone in the 700 block of Maupin Avenue.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man reported a stolen motorbike Friday in the 200 block of Crooked Creek Lane, China Grove.
• Carolina Tree Care reported a larceny Friday in the 10600 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, Rockwell.
• A man reported Friday that someone took items from his vehicle in the 200 block of Springway Lane, Cleveland.
• A man reported an assault Friday in the 100 block of Corriher Heights Avenue, China Grove.
• A woman reported a theft from her purse which was inside a vehicle, on April 18 or April 19 in the 4900 block of West NC 152, China Grove.
• A man reported Saturday that items stolen from his vehicle in the 7400 block of U.S. 52.
• A man reported Saturday that items were stolen from his vehicle in the 7300 block of U.S. 52.
• A Mecklenburg County woman reported Sunday that she was assaulted by her grandson in the 1100 block of Oak Breeze Drive, Mooresville.
• A woman reported Sunday that another woman stole her wallet April 20 while in the 1100 block of Safrit Road.
• Tanyi Sandina Love, 47, was charged Friday with misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon and Thomas Miller Roseman, 55, was charged with misdemeanor assault on a female, both in the 100 block of Corriher Heights Avenue, China Grove.
• Jordan McIntyre, 18, was charged Saturday with felony possession of stolen goods on Central Avenue, China Grove.
• Charles Edward Holshouser, 64, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 1400 block of East Ridge Road.
• Robert Earl Figley, 26, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule VI at Exit 68 on Interstate 85, China Grove.
• Zachary Charles Mangum, 18, was charged Saturday with a felony charge of being a fugitive from justice in the 400 block of Dean Road, Cleveland.
• Orlando Rojas Jr., 40, was charged Sunday with felony being a habitual felon in the 400 block of Grace Church Road.
• Tony Bush Templeton, 64, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor communicating threats in the 600 block of East Horah Street.
• Monica Jean Privett, 42, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 800 block of Lower Stone Church Road, Rockwell.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 705-797-4253.
SALISBURY — A local man was charged with drug possession after two Rowan County detectives said they saw him ditch... read more