Blotter: Thief steals Crown Vic from Rives Motor Co.
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — Rives Motor Co. reported that someone broke into the business early Friday morning by breaking a window and driving out of the garage with a 2007 gold Crown Victoria.
The business is at 1708 E. Innes St. An alarm was triggered at 3:45 a.m. Friday in the detail shop. The thief went into a cabinet and grabbed a key for the car. The owner told police the car does not have a tag and was bought from the FBI. The title had not been switched to the business, police officials said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Salisbury Police Department at 704-638-5333 or Salisbury-Rowan CrimeStoppers at 866-639-5245.
In other Salisbury police reports:
• A man reported an assault Friday in the 400 block of South Craige Street.
• A man and woman used copied credit cards Friday at Walmart.
• A man reported vandalism Friday in the 100 block of Larch Road.
• A woman reported an assault Friday in the 1400 block of West Horah Street.
• Tractor Supply Co. reported Saturday that someone stole a trailer from its lot, 405 S. Jake Alexander Blvd.
• A woman reported a domestic assault Sunday in the 1000 block of South Church Street.
• A 15-year-old was the victim of neglect in the 100 block of Sarah Ellen Lane.
• Rashad Omar Vinson, 23, was charged with misdemeanor resisting, obstructing or delaying an officer in the 1000 block of Old West Innes Street.
• A woman reported a physical assault Monday in the 800 block of Old Concord Road/Reamer Circle.
• A man reported Monday that someone broke a window out of his vehicle while parked at the Marriott hotel, 120 Marriott Circle.
• Dolen Trust reported a larceny from a motor vehicle Monday while it was parked at the Marriott hotel, 120 Marriott Circle.
• A man reported Monday that someone made out checks on a closed account and had a friend cash them in the 500 block of North Main Street.
• A woman reported Monday that she left her phone with a friend and it was missing and that her credit card was used in the 100 block of Avalon Drive.
• A man on Monday reported a burglary at his home, which was last secured March 25 in the 1800 block of First Street.
• A man reported an assault Monday in the 400 block of South Craige Street.
• A woman reported an assault Monday in the 400 block of South Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue.
• A man reported an assault Monday at Walmart.
• Eddie Tony Cruz, 38, was charged with misdemeanor simple assault Friday in the 800 block of North Church Street.
• Alexander Ray Rogers, 22, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule VI in the 100 block of Harrison Road/West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man reported property damage Friday in the 1600 block of West NC 152, China Grove.
• A man reported Friday that two chainsaws were taken from an outbuilding in the 400 block of East Ridge Road.
• A man reported Friday that someone stole a refrigerator in the 3100 block of Sherrills Ford Road.
• A man reported Friday that someone fired onto his property in the 500 block of Yost Road.
• A man reported Saturday that someone took items from his vehicle in the 200 block of Coley Road.
• A man reported a burglary Saturday in the 100 block of Browns Farm Road.
• A woman reported an assault Sunday in the 3600 block of Turner Avenue, Kannapolis.
• A man reported vandalism Sunday in the 900 block of Rainey Road.
• A man reported a burglary Sunday in the 3600 block of Old Concord Road.
• A man reported a burglary Sunday in the 1200 block of Wilkinson Road.
• Aaron Thomas Elizalde, 19, was charged Friday with felony conspiring to traffic opium/meth in the 400 block of Grace Church Road.
• Ronald Douglas Mueller, 30, was charged Friday with felony trafficking in meth in the 400 block of Grace Church Road.
• Margaret Janelle Gibson, 53, was charged Friday with felony conspiring to traffic in opium and meth while at the Rowan County jail.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
The reservation deadline for the Chamber of Commerce’s Power in Partnership Breakfast is 5 p.m. today. Healthy Rowan Executive Director Alyssa... read more