Blotter: Attempted robbery, assault in Food Lion parking lot
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — A man reported that someone tried to pick his pocket in the Food Lion parking lot and another person hit him on the back of the head Sunday afternoon.
Salisbury police officers said they responded to the grocery store at 123 Mahaley Ave. in reference to an assault.
The 68-year-old man told police he stopped in the parking lot to talk to a friend. While he was talking, he felt someone grab at his wallet, he said. The victim shoved the person away and saw a black male wearing a maroon shirt. The man swung his fist at the victim and a second man hit him on the back of the head with what the victim said felt like a roll of quarters, a police report said.
The victim remained conscious and said he saw the suspects get into a gray four-door car that he thought was a Ford, police officials said.
Police said the suspects had been inside the store either before the incident or after.
In other Salisbury police reports:
• Safety Taxi reported Monday that a vehicle was stolen from Speedway convenience store, 500 E. Innes St.
• A woman reported Monday she was assaulted Tuesday in the 200 block of Ridge Avenue.
• Someone reported Monday that a revolver was fired in the 500 block of Brenner Avenue.
• An 8-year-old was the victim of neglect sometime between March 24 and March 26 in the 400 block of Brook Circle.
• A woman reported Monday that her husband punched and choked her after she would not give him her cellphone in the 400 block of West 15th Street.
• A woman reported Monday her cellphone was stolen from Cook Out restaurant, 801 E. Innes St.
• Rushco Store No. 11 reported Tuesday a breaking and entering at 2004 Statesville Blvd.
• A 14-year-old male was assaulted in a fight in the 1300 block of West Bank Street.
• Randy Kent Johnson, 48, was charged Saturday with concealing a firearm after consuming alcohol in the 1500 block of Julian Road.
• Darrel Scott Palmer, 36, was charged with misdemeanor simple assault; Michael Shane Robertson, 27, was charged with misdemeanor assault on a female; Chassidy Tierra Williams, 27, was charged with simple assault following a domestic disturbance in the 800 block of Carpenters Circle.
• Jaida Chanel Henderson, 18, was charged with felony credit card fraud in the 100 block of East Liberty Street.
In Rowan County sheriff’s reports:
• Lane Construction reported Friday that wheels were taken off sign trailers at the Webb Road off ramp.
• A woman reported Friday she was the victim of assault on a female in the 100 block of Basset Circle.
• A student at West Rowan High School on Friday was found in possession of a weapon, 8050 N.C. 801, Mount Ulla.
• A man reported Friday he was the victim of a burglary in the 100 block of Hawkins Loop.
• Steve’s Corner No. 3 reported someone stole items from the store on Saturday. Sidney Nicole Hensley, 19, was charged with misdemeanor larceny in the 4100 block of Lentz Road, China Grove.
• A man reported Sunday a breaking and entering attempt in the 600 block of St. Peters Church Road, Gold Hill.
• A man reported Sunday an assault in the 300 block of Spence Drive.
• A woman reported Sunday that someone broke into her home in the 800 block of East Ridge Road and stole items.
• Bobby Lane Wheeler, 45, was charged Friday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 100 block of Basset Circle.
• Jeremy Dixon Davis, 25, was charged Friday with misdemeanor communicating threats at 1599 S. Jake Alexander Blvd. and Old Concord Road.
• Meredith Kristen Simmons, 27, was charged Friday with being a felony sex offender who failed to notify authorities of address change in the 500 block of North Enochville Avenue, Kannapolis.
• Sherry Garris Shoemaker, 34, was charged with misdemeanor violating domestic violence act 50-B in the 600 block of Baker Mill Road, Cleveland.
• Anthony Michael Shackelford, 32, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule VI in the 10500 block of U.S. 52, Rockwell.
• Cory Dustin Holleman, 29, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor breaking or forcing open a coin-operated machine at the Splash & Dash carwash, 234 E. Main St., Rockwell; simple possession of a Schedule II controlled substance; and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Tiffany Nicole Nance, 25, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor carrying a concealed weapon, driving while impaired, possession of a controlled substance Schedule II, possession of controlled substance Schedule IV, possession of a controlled substance Schedule V, and possession of drug paraphernalia during a stop at 100 Barber Junction Road and 7598 Statesville Boulevard in Cleveland.
• Rhonda Raper Burgess, 45, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule VI at Cannon Farm Road and Gulledge Street, China Grove.
• Kenneth Russell Anthony, 40, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 100 block Winterlocken Road after a 911 hang-up.
• Troy Douglas Stratton, 16, was charged with misdemeanor simple assault at Timber Ridge Boys Home, 665 Timber Trail, Gold Hill.
• Jessica Caroline Swinson, 29, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule III while at the Rowan County jail for an inmate in possession of the substance in the jail.
• William Eric Bruney, 45, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor simple possession of Schedule III controlled substance in the 800 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• Timothy Paul Fleming, 26, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor larceny while at the Rowan County jail.
• Christopher Michael Reid, 37, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor communicating threats in the 1000 block of South Main Street.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
RALEIGH — The Division of Employment Security (DES) is changing how customers sign in to its website beginning Tuesday. This new... read more