• 54°

Rowan weather: Cooler today, rain possible Sunday

Rowan is under a freeze warning until 9 a.m., with temperatures in the 20s in some areas of the county.

Today should be sunny and warm up to 56 degrees. East northeast wind will blow at 5-8 mph. Tonight’s low will be 36, with south southeast wind at 3-5 mph.

Friday will warm to a high of 66, with mostly sunny skies and south southwest wind at 5-9 mph. A mostly cloudy night will have a low of 47.

More clouds for Saturday, too, with a high of 72. Wind will become south southwest at 6-11 mph in the morning. Another mostly cloudy night will have a low of 54.

Showers are likely Sunday, with thunderstorms possible after 3 p.m. It will be cloudy and 73. The chance of rain is 60 percent. Sunday night’s chance of showers and thunderstorms will be 40 percent.

Monday will be partly sunny and back to summer temperatures, with a high of 78. The low will be 55.

Tuesday will be 78, too, with partly sunny skies and a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. The low will be 53.

Warmth continues Wednesday, with a high of 77 and mostly sunny skies.

Comments

Crime

Lawsuit: Salisbury Police, Rowan Sheriff’s Office tore woman’s shoulder during traffic stop

Business

‘Believe me, they’ll be fresh’: Patterson Farm welcomes strawberry crop

Local

City appoints more members to boards, commissions, with 9 seats left to be filled

News

Virtual play groups the new norm at Smart Start

Local

City meets in closed session to consult with attorney on two ongoing litigation cases

Education

Summit takes art out of the classroom, into the student’s home

Education

Education briefs: Gene Haas Foundation donates $12,500 to RCCC

Business

County’s restaurant grant program dishes out funding to eight local eateries

High School

High school football: Yow out as South head coach

Education

Shoutouts

Local

City moves forward on greenway extension, traffic signal upgrades

Business

State broadband survey could help fund local infrastructure

Education

Happy Roots adds to programming with Bic recycling program

Education

RCCC small business center partners 53 Ideas Pitch Competition

Nation/World

Sheriff: Deputy fatally shot Black man while serving warrant

Nation/World

Garland announces sweeping police probe after Floyd verdict

Crime

District attorney won’t bring charges against former Salisbury officer depicted in K-9 video

Coronavirus

Cooper plans to lift gathering, distancing limits by June 1

Crime

Convicted sex offender charged with having child pornography

Crime

Rowan County woman faces drug crimes for gas station incident

Crime

Blotter: Thousands of dollars in lumber taken from Newsome Road house

Local

Locals react to Chauvin verdict, reflect on work still to do

Business

With remote expansion, outsource provider FCR looks to become an ‘exceptional part’ of Rowan community

Local

City expects $1.5 million surplus in current budget, ability to raise some wages for police, public works