Blotter: Man allegedly jumps from second story, tries to break into office
Published 12:00 am Saturday, March 18, 2017
By Rebecca Rider
SALISBURY — The owners of the Economy Inn on Bendix Drive had a rude awakening Friday morning when a man tried to break down the office door about 5 a.m.
According to reports, the hotel’s owner was awakened early in the morning by someone banging on the front window of the office. When police arrived, they saw Julian Stephen Curtis Casimir, 38, “yelling and screaming” in front of the office. Casimir had tried to break down the door and was seen pushing and leaning against it, a police report said.
Police ordered Casimer to get on the ground, and he complied.
Casimir told officers that he had been attacked in a room on the second floor of the building. He said four men pointed a gun at him. Casimir told police that he jumped out of the room and fell to the ground below, then went to the office to get help. Casimir said he believed his leg was broken. According to officers, Casimir appeared to be hyper and spoke quickly.
No one was found in the room, though police reported that it appeared to have been ransacked. According to the hotel owner, the room was not rented to Casimir.
He was taken to Novant Health Rowan Medical Center, where he was treated for injuries to his right foot and a finger. EMS told police it did not appear that his leg was broken.
Warrants have been obtained for Casimir on a charge of attempted breaking and entering.
Other residents reported that they heard shots fired on the premises, but Salisbury Police Department spokeswoman Shelia Lingle said officers believe the noise was caused by Casimir attempting to kick down the door.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
- Narcotics were seized Wednesday on West Innes Street near Lantz Avenue.
- Narcotics were seized Wednesday in the 2200 block of Yost Street.
- Two vehicles stolen from Greensboro were recovered Thursday in the 1200 block of Town Creek Drive.
- Salisbury Psychiatrics reported a forgery of prescriptions on Thursday.
- A woman reported an assault Thursday in the 300 block of American Drive.
- Mariah Rielle Dula, 19, was charged Wednesday with possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
- A woman reported fraud by impersonation Tuesday in the 300 block of Long Ferry Road.
- A man reported a burglary Tuesday in the 1100 block of Stirewalt Road, China Grove.
- A woman reported a larceny Tuesday in the 3500 block of Dogwood Court.
- A juvenile reported an assault Tuesday in the 700 block of Lakeview Road.
- A woman reported fraud in the 200 block of North Main St.
- Erwin Middle School reported a weapon on campus Wednesday.
- A woman reported a burglary Wednesday in the 100 block of McCleave Road, China Grove.
- A man reported items stolen from a vehicle parked in the 300 block of Fourth Greek Drive, Woodleaf, on Wednesday.
- A man reported items stolen Wednesday in the 100 block of Pauline Court, China Grove.
- A man reported a burglary Wednesday in the 5800 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
- A woman reported items stolen Wednesday in the 8600 block of Mooresville Road.
- A sex offense, indecent liberties with a child, was reported Wednesday.
- Ronald Scott Johnson, 56, was charged Tuesday with possession of a controlled substance in the 1078 block of Rock Pond Lane.
- Ashley Nicole Morgan, 24, was charged Tuesday with possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance.
- Matthew Grey Morris, 26, was charged Wednesday with being a habitual felon.
- Elizabeth Grace Winecoff, 18, was charged Wednesday with possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance in the 70600 block of I-85 North.
- Tynesha Domenick Hoover, 30, was charged Wednesday with resisting, delaying or obstructing a public officer Wednesday in the 70600 block of I-85 North.