Blotter: Ecstasy, marijuana found during traffic stop
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — Police say they confiscated Ecstasy and marijuana during a weekend traffic stop at Cherry and South Shaver streets. A Charlotte man faces felony charges and a woman was issued a citation during the stop.
Salisbury police charged Justin Dean Caldwell, 28, of the 3300 block of Dunn Commons Parkway, Apartment 105, with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule I, misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule VI and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.
Officials say Caldwell has outstanding warrants from Cabarrus County for felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule I and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.
He was also charged with possession of a controlled substance on jail premises.
Passenger Jesynta Bailey was issued a citation for simple possession of marijuana.
Police officials said they could smell marijuana coming from the vehicle and from Caldwell. Police also found an open bottle of Hennessy cognac in the floorboard of the passenger’s side of the vehicle. They also found two burnt marijuana blunts in the front passenger seat.
A Newport cigarette package containing the remnants of marijuana joints was found in the center console.
Police searched the back seat of the car and found a plastic bag that had one Ecstasy pill, loose marijuana and condoms in it. Police seized 3.6 grams of marijuana and a black digital scale.
Caldwell remains in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $230,000 secured bond.
In other Salisbury police reports:
• Go Burrito reported Friday a larceny from a vehicle, 115 W. Fisher St.
• A woman reported Friday she was the victim of identity theft sometime between July 27 and Feb. 23 in the 1400 block of North Church Street.
• A woman reported Friday she was the victim of fraud between March 1 and March 3 in West End Plaza, 1935 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
• A woman reported Friday she was a victim of fraud between March 7 and Friday in the 200 block of Queen Anne Road.
• A man reported Saturday an attempted break-in in the 600 block of Linn Lane.
• A woman reported Saturday she was the victim of a physical assault in the 1500 block of West Horah Street.
• A man reported vandalism Saturday in the 300 block of Mahaley Avenue.
• Outreach Christian Tabernacle reported Sunday a breaking and entering, 722 W. Horah St.
• A man reported Sunday a burglary in the 500 block of West McCubbins Street.
• First Calvary Baptist Church reported Sunday a window in a van was broken at 400 S. Long St.
• A man reported Sunday his vehicle was stolen from the 200 block of Laurel Pointe Circle.
• Haley Shannae Pulliam, 22, was charged Saturday with being a fugitive from justice at West Innes and North Main streets.
• Stephanie Kay Horne, 44, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 1500 block of West Horah Street.
• William Pierre Hargrave, 21, was charged Sunday with felony common law robbery in the 2200 block of West Innes Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man reported Thursday items were taken from his garage area in the 300 block of Sapona Drive.
• Emmanuel Baptist Church reported Thursday someone tried to force his way into the church, 2300 Bringle Ferry Road.
• A woman reported Thursday she was a victim of assault in the 3400 block of Morgan Road, Gold Hill.
• William Scott Kerr, 31, was charged Thursday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses in the 400 block of Grace Church Road.
• Chad Howard Parson, 40, was charged with misdemeanor stalking in the 500 block of Eastside Drive, China Grove.
• Austin Gray Cress, 22, was charged with misdemeanor impersonating a law enforcement officer while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.