Posters March 1
• The King’s Daughter Prom Closet with new and gently used prom and formal dresses, 2-5 p.m. Sunday, Saleeby-Fisher YMCA, Crescent Road, Rockwell. Pattie Allmond, 704-279-1742 or email@example.com
• 2017 IMF Treasure Feamster Scholarship applications are due April 3. For high school seniors who are members of an IMF-affiliated church. Jacqueline Springs, 704-639-1894, or Ethel Bamberg-Revis, 704-647-9545
• Housing Advocacy Commission members will travel to Charlotte on March 9 to attend training at Charlotte Police Training Academy, 1770 Shopton Road. Topics will be eviction process, human trafficking, changes to rental ordinance, and Section 8.
• Hot dog sale, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Thursday, Rodgers Park Reformed Church, 704 E. 22nd St., Kannapolis. 704-932-8301. Benefits local and world missions and church projects.
• Bus trip to Harrah’s Cherokee, April 1. Sponsored by J.C. Price Hall of Fame. Reservations: Brenda Cowan, 704-431-3973 or 704-633-9073.
• Ash Wednesday Service, 6:30 p.m., Cedar Grove AME Zion Church, Cleveland. The Rev. Dr. Bertha E. Pittman, pastor of Cedar Grove.
• Gospel mountain music program, 6 p.m. Saturday, 305 Rudolph Road, Salisbury. Free.
By Elizabeth Cook firstname.lastname@example.org SALISBURY — When Jake Alexander III of Salisbury joined the N.C. Board of Transportation in 2013,... read more