Blotter: Woman charged with meth possession
SALISBURY — Deputies seized 1.3 grams of methamphetamine and charged one person after a traffic stop Thursday afternoon.
According to Rowan County Sheriff’s Capt. John Sifford, deputies stopped a 2006 Nissan Sentra traveling on U.S. 601 at 1:47 p.m. Thursday. Deputies said the vehicle’s tag bracket was blocking part of the license tag.
The driver, Brooke Michelle Seaford, 23, appeared to be upset, deputies said. When a K-9 unit walked around the car, the dogs were alerted to the smell of narcotics, deputies said. They searched the vehicle and found a wooden box on the dashboard containing a glass pipe and three bags of crystal meth.
According to reports, deputies also found a pink zipper bag containing crystal meth on the floor of the passenger side; a glass pipe wrapped in a pink sock in the back seat; a Xanax bar on the dashboard; and two Alprazolam pills in a cigarette pack in the driver’s side door pocket.
Seaford was charged with possession with intent to make, sell or deliver a Schedule II and Schedule IV controlled substance. She was placed in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $1,000 secured bond.
According to Sifford, a passenger in the car was not charged.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
- A sex offender failed to notify of an address change Thursday.
- A man Thursday reported that his pistol was stolen from a vehicle parked in the 2100 block of Needmore Road.
- A woman reported a burglary Thursday in the 200 block of Tanglewood Drive.
- A man reported that a package was taken off his porch in the 1100 block of Sagewood Lane on Thursday.
- A woman reported credit card fraud Thursday.
- Eric Bradley Moore, 36, was issued a criminal summons for assault with a deadly weapon.
- Bobby Joey Lawing, 26, was charged with larceny.
- Calida Stephanie Sanon, 38, was charged with felony larceny.