Week in review: Test your nose for local news
1. Landis residents have expressed frustration about N.C. Department of Transportation road construction related to rail crossings they say have made one intersection in particular more dangerous. What Landis intersection are they most concerned about?
A. West Rice and Main streets
B. West Ryder and Main streets
C. Railroad and East Ryder streets
D. Blume and Main streets
2. The four-story Holiday Inn Express and Suites is now open in Salisbury. How many rooms does the new hotel have?
3. Which of the following is not one of Salisbury Police Chief Jerry Stokes’ nine primary goals for 2017?
A. Clearing unsolved homicides
B. Filling employee vacancies
C. Becoming nationally accredited
D. Enhancing the department’s presence on social media
4. A long-established morning breakfast group at Wink’s restaurant in Salisbury recently lost one of its founding members, John Stegall. From 1986-2002, Stegall was a district manager in Salisbury for what company?
A. Piedmont Natural Gas
B. Duke Energy
C. Power Curbers
D. Time Warner Cable
5. As part of a two-week lesson plan, seventh-graders at Knox Middle School are studying geometry, scaling, architecture and blueprints in an exercise looking at how to repurpose what public-owned building?
A. The Plaza
B. The Rowan County office building at 402 N. Main St.
C. The Rowan County Administrative Office building at 130 W. Innes St.
D. West End Plaza (the former Salisbury Mall)
6. Ninth-graders at Rowan Early College have been working this year on a “Stolen Voices” project. This intense study looks at the effects of what?
A. Homelessness on young people
B. Hunger on young people
C. War on young people
D. Authoritarian governments on young people
7. Susan Colosanti, a teacher for 46 years, happens to be in her 40th year at what Rowan County school?
A. North Hills Christian School
B. Rockwell Christian School
C. Salisbury Academy
D. Sacred Heart Catholic School
8. N.C. Rep. Harry Warren, R-Rowan, has introduced House Bill 42, which calls for a referendum in Rowan County that would ask voters to decide what?
A. Whether they want countywide water-sewer services
B. Whether they want partisan elections for the Rowan-Salisbury Board of Education
C. Whether they want to do set up district elections for the Rowan County Board of Commissioners
D. Whether they want to dissolve the Soil and Water Conservation Board
9. Molly Bronson of Davie County recently fulfilled one of her long-held dreams when she appeared on a national game show. What show was it?
B. The Price is Right
C. Wheel of Fortune
D. Let’s Make a Deal
10. Salisbury High’s Kathryn Morrison and Ethan Knorr combined for three state titles this past week in what sport?
A. Indoor track
B. Table tennis
By Mark Wineka email@example.com SALISBURY — Salisbury Police, with an assist from an East Spencer officer, have arrested two teenagers in... read more