Blotter: Two teens charged with weapons, drug charges
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — Two teenagers were charged Thursday with weapons and drug charges after a search by probation officials. Reports said the two are felons and are not allowed to possess the weapons, one of which had the serial number scratched off.
According to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office, Conner Shane Stillson, 19, of the 2700 block of Old Mocksville Road, was charged with possession of a firearm by a felon, felony possession of a Schedule I substance, altering the serial number on a firearm and misdemeanor possession of a drug paraphernalia. He remains in the Rowan County jail under a $150,000 secured bond.
Zackery Shane Rogers, 18, of the 400 block of Hillandale Street Northeast, Concord, was charged with felony possession of a firearm by a felon. Rogers remains in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $50,000 secured bond.
Officials said the charges came as a result of a warrantless search and that Rowan deputies were assisting the probation office. Officials found several guns, Ecstasy and drug paraphernalia.
Rogers was convicted in September 2014 on a charge of felony larceny of a firearm. He pleaded guilty in April 2015 and received a year and a half of supervised probation.
According to warrants, Stillson was in possession of firearms, one of which had the serial number sanded down, as well as digital scales and a smoking device.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s reports:
• The Speedway convenience store, 985 Peeler Road, was robbed Thursday.
• Strata Solar reported Thursday that someone shot out a window Wednesday evening at a construction site in the 1600 block of U.S. 29 North.
• Mount Hope Reformed Church of Christ reported Thursday that someone took computer equipment between Jan. 19 and Wednesday from the church, 7004 Old Concord Road.
• A woman reported Thursday that someone broke into her home in the 2000 block of Needmore Road, Woodleaf.
• Robert Douglas Stanley, 45, was charged Wednesday with being a fugitive from justice while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Tyler Ray Murphy, 19, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor failure to have a dog vaccinated for rabies in the 200 block of English Street.
• Cody Ryan Fox, 20, was charged Wednesday with felony possession of a controlled Schedule I substance while in the Rowan County jail.
• Brittany Elizabeth Butler, 25, was charged Wednesday with felony breaking and of entering motor vehicles while in the Rowan County jail.
• Justin Robert Murphy, 26, was charged Wednesday with felony possession of stolen goods in the 300 block of Aldophus Road.
• Travis Alexander Abbitt, 23, was charged with felony possession of a weapon by felony in the 300 block of Adolphus Road.
• Elaine Kathryn Carter, 40, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor assault on law enforcement officer in at 831 Webb Road and Interstate 85 North.
• Emmanuel Joshua Angle, 16, was charged with misdemeanor breaking or entering in the 2200 block of Needmore Road.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A woman reported on Friday she was assaulted by her live-in boyfriend in the 600 block of East Bank Street.
• Hoffman Rental & Leasing reported Friday a larceny at the business, 1631 S. Main St.
• A man reported on Friday a burglary in the 200 block of Woody Avenue.
• Waffle House reported Friday a larceny at the restaurant, 501 E. Innes St.
• A man reported Saturday that someone took items from his vehicle while parked at Olive Garden restaurant, 1425 Klumac Road.
• An attempted vehicle break-in was reported Saturday in the Longhorn Steakhouse parking lot, 1371 Klumac Road.
• A woman reported a larceny Saturday from her vehicle in front of Queen’s Gift Shop, 221 S. Main St.
• A woman reported Saturday that someone broke into her vehicle while parked at Outback Steakhouse, 1020 E. Innes St.
• A man reported Sunday he was robbed in the 200 block of East Council Street.
• Terry Isaac Brown, 33, was charged Friday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 100 block of East Kerr Street.
• James Price, 60, was charged Friday with felony possession of a controlled substance with intent to manufacture Schedule II in the 500 block of East Fisher Street.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
Next school year might seem far off in the distance, but it is time to start thinking about options for the... read more