Mobile home destroyed in fire

Published 4:13 pm Thursday, January 5, 2017

One person was displaced after a Thursday afternoon fire on Waccamaw Drive.

According to Bobby Fox, fire chief at Miller’s Ferry Fire Department, the mobile home fire in the 100 block of Waccamaw Drive likely began in the kitchen. There was one person home when the fire started, and he told firefighters he had been cooking on the stove. According to Fox, the man is the home’s only resident.

The home is likely a total loss, Fox said.

Firefighters received the call at 1:55 p.m. Miller’s Ferry, Spencer, Granite Quarry, Salisbury City, Union, Liberty and Churchland departments responded, with Rowan Rescue assisting. The Red Cross is assisting the resident of the home.