Salisbury Community Foundation awards $208,500 in grants to 37 nonprofits
SALISBURY — The Salisbury Community Foundation recently distributed grants totaling $208,500 to local nonprofits.
The grants were made possible in part by a partnership with the city of Salisbury, as well as special grants from Duke Energy, Rowan Arts Council and the Salisbury-Rowan County Convention and Visitors Bureau. Grants were awarded to the following organizations:
• $7,500 to Capstone Recovery Center Inc. for continuing its residential program.
• $2,000 to Carolina Antique Power for support in completing its Country Life Museum at Sloan Park.
• $5,000 to the city of Salisbury for a project featuring outdoor sculptures in the community.
• $12,500 to Communities In Schools-Rowan for supportive guidance.
• $10,000 to Community Care Clinic-Rowan for continuing dental clinics.
• $5,000 to Families First-NC for promoting social and emotional development in young children.
• $1,000 to Happy’s Farms Inc. for the Horses And Youth project.
• $2,000 to Historic Neely School Foundation for the development of a site adjacent to the school.
• $7,500 to Historic Salisbury Foundation Inc. for renovating a historic house in Salisbury.
• $5,000 to Horizons Unlimited to broaden the planetarium’s curriculum.
• $7,500 to Lee Street theatre for a summer internship program.
• $3,000 to Livingstone College for an annual community outreach project, The Children’s Book Festival.
• $10,000 to Meals on Wheels-Rowan for home delivered meals to the elderly and disabled.
• $7,500 to Partners In Learning Child Development Center for the Include Me! program.
• $2,500 to Piedmont Players Theatre Inc. for a youth theatre summer education project.
• $3,000 to Pops at the Post Inc. for a family community event.
• $5,000 to the Pregnancy Support Center for the SHARE program.
• $8,000 to Prevent Child Abuse-Rowan for a program providing therapy to abused children.
• $7,500 to Rowan County Crosby Scholars Community Partnership for a middle-school program.
• $5,000 to the Rowan County Department of Social Services for the Rowan One Church One Child program.
• $8,000 to the Rowan County Health Department for a program promoting child oral health.
• $2,500 to the Rowan County Literacy Council for adult and youth literacy programs.
• $2,500 to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office for the Rowan County Youth Leadership Camp.
$2,000 to the Rowan County Youth Services Bureau Inc. for a program improving school attendance.
$10,000 to Rowan Helping Ministries for a program assisting families in financial hardship.
$7,500 to the Rowan Museum Inc. for operations at museum properties.
$3,000 to Rufty Holmes Senior Center Inc. to provide home repairs for seniors financially in need.
$7,500 to the Salisbury-Rowan Symphony Society Inc. for the North Carolina Symphony Concert.
$5,000 to Samaritan’s Feet for a project distributing shoes, socks and backpacks to children in need.
$1,000 to Smart Start Rowan for a program supporting reunification of children and their birth parents.
$2,000 to Special Olympics North Carolina for program expansion.
$3,000 to The First Tee of the Triad for expanding the First Tee Like Skills program to underserved youth.
$5,500 to The LandTrust for Central North Carolina for a program focusing on outdoor skills and hands-on natural resource stewardship for youth.
$2,000 to The Pedal Factory Inc. for the Earn-a-Bike program and community outreach.
$3,000 to The Rape, Child and Family Abuse Crisis Council of Salisbury-Rowan Inc. for a counseling program.
$7,500 to Waterworks Visual Arts Center Inc. for a program supporting exhibitions and studio education.
$10,000 to YMCA-Rowan for a financial assistance program.
The Salisbury Community Foundation was established in 1944 to increase the charitable giving resources in the Salisbury-Rowan County area. From its first contribution to create a community endowment, the Salisbury Community Foundation has grown into a philanthropic organization managing over 100 funds with total charitable assets of over $20 million.
The foundation assists donors in making charitable contributions to the community, provides services for nonprofit organizations to create new or manage existing endowments and awards grants for new projects. For more information, visit www.salisbury-cf.org.
By Mark Wineka firstname.lastname@example.org SALISBURY — Power on. Power off. For a second consecutive day, a couple thousand Duke Energy... read more