• 45°

Rowan weather: Cool days, cold nights

Today will be a cool one, starting out below freezing at 30 degrees. It will be sunny again, with a high of 56. Wind will be calm in the morning, shifting to the west at 5-7 mph this afternoon.

Tonight’s going to be clear and cold again, with a low of 32 and light north northwest wind.

Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high of 53 and north northwest winds at 5-7 mph. Clouds move in Saturday night with a low of 36.

Those clouds will bring a 40 percent chance of rain Sunday, with a high of 48 and light and variable wind. The chance of rain increases to 60 percent Sunday night, mainly before 9 p.m. It will be cloudy with a low of 39.

Monday will be mostly cloudy, too, with a 60 percent chance of rain after 4 p.m. The high will be 53. The chance of rain goes up to 80 percent Monday night, with a low of 42.

And more rain is likely Tuesday, with a 70 percent chance of showers and rain. It will be mostly cloudy and 54. Tuesday night will be mostly cloudy and 42.

Wednesday should be partly sunny, with a high of 59, but clouds move in overnight again, with a low of 41.

We’ll have a 30 percent chance of showers Thursday, with partly sunny skies and a high near 54.

Comments

Business

Weak jobs report spurs questions about big fed spending

News

Judge limits footage that family can see of deputy shooting in Elizabeth City

Sports

Woodland, two others share lead; Mickelson plays much worse but will still be around for weekend at Quail Hollow

Business

Former NHL player to open mobster themed bar in Raleigh

Nation/World

California population declines for first time

News

GOP leaders differ on bottom line for state spending

News

Police: Man killed in shootout with officers in Winston-Salem

Crime

Man charged after thieves rob would-be gun buyers of wallets, shoes

Crime

Blotter: Four added to sheriff’s most wanted list

High School

High school football: Some anxious moments, but Hornets win state title

Local

Photos: Salisbury High Hornets win big in 2AA championship game

Local

County manager outlines projections for the upcoming fiscal year budget, suggests uses for stimulus money

Business

Miami-based Browns Athletic Apparel opens second screen printing location in Salisbury

News

At funeral, fallen Watauga deputies remembered as ‘heroes’

Coronavirus

COVID-19 cluster identified at Granite Quarry Elementary

Coronavirus

More than half of North Carolinians have now taken at least one vaccine shot

Local

City hopes to cover expenses in 2021-22 budget with surplus revenue generated this year

Local

Fallen tree proves to be a blessing for local nonprofit Happy Roots

Local

Quotes of the week

Coronavirus

Health department drops quarantine time from 14 to 10 days

Crime

Blotter: More than $100,000 in property reported stolen from Old Beatty Ford Road site

Local

City fights invasive beetles by injecting trees with insecticide

Local

City names downtown recipients for federal Parks Service grant

China Grove

China Grove Town Council weighs 2021-22 budget priorities, supports buying body cameras