Man accidentally shoots leg while cleaning gun
ROCKWELL — The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports that one was injured in an accidental shooting Saturday.
According to Captain John Sifford with the Sheriff’s Office, Alan Scott Boyd, of Jennifer’s Lane, Rockwell, set about cleaning a recently purchased pistol Saturday evening. He failed to clear the chamber of the .9mm of a live round before he began. Sifford reported that the man seems to have accidentally pulled the trigger while cleaning. The gun went off, and struck the 53 year-old in the leg.
According to Sifford, the round entered the left leg several inches below the knee and passed through the leg. Boyd was taken to Novant Health Rowan Medical Center where he was treated and released.
By Rebecca Rider firstname.lastname@example.org SALISBURY — The Rowan-Salisbury Board of Education’s feistiest member said a quiet goodbye Monday. Chuck Hughes,... read more