Posters Oct. 19
• Deadline tomorrow to RSVP for AL. Brown Class of 1963 Fall Cookout Reunion Saturday at Kannapolis Village Park Multi-Purpose Building near the YMCA at 700 West C St. $10. RSVP to Joyce E. Bost 704-224-3776, Linda L. Turner 828-230-1750 or Brenda L. Hodgens 704-467-5708.
• Country dance lessons at the Harold B. Jarrett, 6:30-9 p.m. Thursdays: Country couples circle dance, line dance, more. $4. Harold B. Jarrett American Legion Post 342, 1024 Lincolnton Road. 704-450-7446.
• Revival services Wednesday and Thursday nights at 7 p.m, Soldiers Memorial, 306 N. Church St. Guest evangelist is Dr. Otis McMillian.
• Dana’s chicken noodle supper, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday, Rogers Park Reformed Church, 704 East 22nd St., Kannapolis. Also hot dogs, hamburgers, desserts. Proceeds go to church projects. 704-857-7439.
• St. Stephen’s Lutheran WELCA-LMIM, 4404 St. Stephens Church Road, BBQ chicken dinner Oct. 22 , 11 a.m. until. All proceeds go to charities of the church.
• The Compassionate Friends, bereavement support group for parents who have lost a child., Thursday, Oct. 20 at 7 PM at Williamson’s UMC, 575 Brawley School Road, Mooresville. Info 704-313-8281.
• Port-a-Pit Chicken at Epworth UMC, Burrage Road, Concord. 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday. $10 for half chicken, slaw, beans, roll. Desserts for sale. 704-239-3811 or email@example.com
• The Carolina Artist Guild will meet 7 p.m. Thursday at Rufty Holmes Center,1120 S. MLK, Jr. Ave. Painting and sharing “art expertertes.” Bring art supplies, wear old clothes. 704-216-7714.
Several years ago, as part of her training for the cross country team at East Rowan High School, Suzy Holt Goodwin crisscrossed the trails at Dan... read more