Blotter: Burglary, assault reported
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
- A man reported a burglary Wednesday in the 100 block of Town Court.
- A sexual assault was reported Wednesday.
- A traffic stop in the 100 block of Depot Street turned up marijuana possession Wednesday.
- Falaah Muhammad Ortega, 32, was charged Thursday in the 400 block of Grace Church Road with two counts of felony obtaining property by false pretenses and with failure to appear.
- Walter Payton Stinson, 36, was charged Wednesday in the 200 block of W. D Ave. with resist, delay or obstructing a public officer and simple possession of a schedule II, III, IV, V or VI controlled substance.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
- A sex offender failed to notify of an address change Tuesday.
- A woman reported a possible fraud Tuesday in the 400 block of Calhoun St.
- A Tuesday call referencing two suspicious vehicles in the 500 block of Beaver Road, China Grove, resulted in the seizure of marijuana.
- A West Rowan student reported Tuesday that his phone was stolen while he was asleep in class.
- Ben Alexander Purefoy, 22, was charged Tuesday at the Sheriff’s Office with failing to register as a sex offender.
- Jeremy Paul Bowers, 27, was charged Tuesday in the 3000 block of Artz Road with resist, delay or obstructing a public officer.
- Elizabeth Ann Gledhill, 26, was charged Tuesday in the 2100 block of Crescent Road with resist, delay or obstructing a public officer.