LifeTracks Classes at First Baptist Church- Salisbury
• “It’s Not Your IQ But Your EQ” (Emotional Quotient) — Learn seven areas that will help you understand why you think, act and react the way you do by looking at:
(1) How you see yourself; (2) What you would like to become; (3) Becoming aware of how your emotions influence your decisions; (4) How you express your thoughts and feelings; (5) Ways that you can be more assertive; (6) How you can claim the gifts God has given you
Taught by Rod Kerr, MDiv, LPC, Certified EQi Instructor
Wednesdays 6:30-7:30 p.m., FMC Room 123
• Financial Peace University — “Build a better financial future, learn about everyday saving and spending plans, being able to take care of emergency expenses, and even dream about what retirement will look like. John P. McGrail, financial services career professional since 1989, holds certifications as a Certified Credit Union Executive, Certified Financial Services Professional, Credit Union Compliance Expert, and Credit Union Development Educator.
Taught by John McGrail , CCUE, CFSP, CUCE
Cost: $75 per couple
Wednesdays, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Room 116
• The Insanity of Obedience — How do we begin to walk and work with God, especially in dangerous places? Based on the documentary The Insanity of God, missionary Nik Ripken shares true stories of people who are suffering for the name of Jesus.
See what it means to be a true follower of Jesus, not just someone who believes certain truths. Discover the answers to key missiological and theological questions about living sacrificially for the cause of Christ. Observe how Christians all over the world are not only surviving but also thriving in the midst of persecution.
Taught by Dr. Jim Stringfield
Cost: $14 for workbook
Wednesdays, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Room 117
• Women’s ESL Class — Available to any adult woman interested in improving her English skills and getting to know other women in the community. All nationalities welcome. Class is geared toward the needs of the participants which may include practicing certain difficult sounds, conversing with other women in English and other vocabulary-building activities.
Taught by Melissa Welch
Wednesdays, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Room 114
Classes are held at First Baptist Church-Salisbury, 223 N. Fulton St. Register by calling Rod Kerr at 704-633-0431 ext. 105 or email email@example.com