Posters Aug. 26
Published 12:00 am Friday, August 26, 2016
• Guiding Light Missionary Baptist Association annual Women’s Auxiliary, 10 a.m. Saturday, Guiding Light Convention Center, 308 Boundary St., East Spencer. Speakers: Rev. Krista Cousar of Cast the First Stone Ministry of Troutman; Rev. Tiffany Miller of Macedonia Baptist Church of Salisbury; Bessie Jones, first vice moderator of the association; Rev. John E. Jones, moderator.
• Rowan Republican Open House, Saturday, noon-2 p.m., at headquarters, 628 N. Main St. Meet candidates, get signs and bumper stickers, find out how to be involved. Refreshments available. For more information, call 704-232-4047.
• Fish Fry Saturday, Aug. 27, home of Jesse and Angela Byrd 539 S. Martin Luther King Ave., Sponsored by the J.C. Price High School class of 1967.
• T.O.P. Men’s Prayer Breakfast, 8 a.m. Saturday. Tower of Power UHC, 601 E. Cemetery St., with speaker pastor-elect the Rev. Damien Mason of the church. Info at 704-636-1244 or 704-928-7097.
• Heavenly hot dog sale, Mt. Olivet UMC, 301 Mt. Olivet Road, Fridays 10 a.m.-2 p.m., homemade desserts, free delivery over $10, take-out available. 704-782-8846, www.mtochurch.com
• Annual Picnic at Cedar Grove AME Zion Church, Cleveland, Saturday, 11 a.m. Purchase hot fish, chicken, hot dogs, hamburgers, snowballs, homemade ice cream, desserts.