Food left on stove causes Lincolnton Road house fire

Published 12:00 am Saturday, August 20, 2016

SALISBURY — Fire officials say food left on the stove is the cause of an early morning fire at a Lincolnton Road home.
Salisbury Fire Marshal Terry Smith said the call for the fire, which occurred at 1010 Lincolnton Road, came in at 5:15 a.m. When fire crews arrived all of the occupants were out of the home.

“The fire was mainly confined to the kitchen area. It started on the stove,” Smith said.

Someone left food cooking on the stove and the homeowner was awakened when her alarm sounded.
Fire crews from all four Salisbury stations responded as did a crew with Locke Fire Department.

Firefighters had the fire under control within 25 minutes, Smith said, and investigators stayed on the scene until 8:30 a.m.

No occupants or fire personnel were injured. Red Cross is assisting the family, whose home is not habitable.