Teens at Henderson High for ‘workout’ charged with breaking and entering
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — Two teens were charged with breaking and entering after they told police they went inside a trailer behind Henderson Independent High School to work out.
Salisbury Police Capt. Shelia Lingle said the boys, 12 and 13 years old, said the door was open to the trailer where police responded after an alarm call at 5:30 a.m. at the school, which should not have been occupied.
The officer yelled for the boys to stop, and one of them did. The other teen ran, but was caught a short distance later. Police said there was no major damage to the door. It did not appear that anything was taken.
In other Salisbury Police reports:
• A woman reported Friday someone broke into her property in the 200 block of South West Street sometime between June 1 and Friday.
• A man reported Friday someone took his boat motor from the 100 block of East Miller Street.
• A woman reported Friday someone entered her vehicle and ransacked it in the 200 block of West Miller and North Jackson streets.
• A woman reported Friday someone entered her vehicle and took items from it while parked at Novant Health Rowan Medical Center.
• A woman reported Saturday she was the victim of burglary in the 1200 block of Grady Street.
• A woman reported Saturday she was the victim of a burglary in the 200 block of Ferndale Drive.
• A woman reported Saturday a vandalism occurred on her property in the 700 block of North Lee Street.
• A woman reported Saturday her vehicle was broken into in the 1300 block of Klumac Road.
• An assault was reported Sunday in the 800 block of Ivy Street where shooting into an occupied dwelling was also reported.
• A man reported Sunday his vehicle was set on fire in the 600 block of West Kerr Street.
• A man reported Sunday he was stabbed in the 200 block of Castlewood Drive.
• Eddie Talmadge Jenkins, 30, was charged Friday with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia in the 1300 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• Brittany Nicole Hubbard, 27, was charged Friday with misdemeanor simple possession in the 200 block of South Arlington and East Innes streets.
• Demetria Sonja Pittman, 36, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor assault inflicting serious injury in the 200 block of Castlewood Drive.
In Rowan Sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported Wednesday he was the victim of vandalism while in the intersection of Organ Church and Sis Carter roads.
• A woman reported Thursday the door to her storage building was opened and tools inside were taken from the 1000 block of Arrowhead Circle.
• A woman reported Thursday someone took items from her vehicle in the 100 block of Scottsdale Drive.
• A woman reported Thursday someone broke into her vehicle and took items from it in the 2400 block of Heilig Road.
• A man reported Thursday she was the victim of a burglary in the 6800 block of Mooresville Road.
• Conner Mark Lewis, 18, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor possession of controlled substance schedule VI in the 400 block of Hader Street.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
SALISBURY — Two men were charged this weekend with driving a stolen pickup and trying to break into other vehicles... read more