RHM accepting Christmas card designs
Published 1:28 pm Monday, June 13, 2016
Rowan Helping Ministries is now accepting submissions of artwork for the cover of its annual Christmas Honor Card.
Artwork submitted should represent Rowan Helping Ministries’ mission and its 30-year history of serving Rowan County neighbors in need.
Rowan Helping Ministries’ mission is “to serve, through cooperative community action, our neighbors in Rowan County who are in crisis, by providing essential life needs and educating and empowering them to break the cycle of crisis.” Its motto is “Putting God’s Love Into Action.”
One artist’s work will be selected to appear on the front of Rowan Helping Ministries’ 2016 Christmas card. The winning artist will be honored at an unveiling reception in late October and will be recognized in local media.
This year’s reception will be one of a series of events celebrating Rowan Helping Ministries’ 30th anniversary. Artists whose work has been featured on past Christmas cards also will be honored at the reception.
Artists’ submissions for the 2016 Christmas card should meet the following requirements:
- Artwork size can be 5×7, 7×10, 9×12½ or 10×14 inches.
- Please make sure to bleed the color outside of dimension chosen to allow for cropping.
- Artist signature should be well inside dimension lines.
- Theme and title of artwork will be the choice of the artist.
- Please include artist name, artwork title and medium used on a separate sheet with artwork submission.
- Artwork will become the property of Rowan Helping Ministries
- Submission deadline is 5 p.m. Sept. 7.
The Christmas Honor Card, a holiday tradition for two decades, is a wonderful way to recognize a friend, teacher, co-worker or family member by making a minimum donation of $5 in their honor to Rowan Helping Ministries.
Christmas Honor Cards are carried in many retail and bank locations in Rowan County. Last year, the Christmas Honor Card project raised over $28,000 to help people in need in Rowan County.
For more information and to receive a submission form, contact Karen Taylor at 704-637-6838 extension 100 or email@example.com.