Fire Marshal: Freedom Drive house fire caused by wiring issue
SALISBURY — A Sunday house fire that displaced a family of four was caused by a wiring issue on the back deck of the home. The fire was ruled accidental, said City Fire Marshal Terry Smith.
Firefighters were called out to the home in the 400 block of Freedom Drive around 8 p.m. after a neighbor taking the trash out saw smoke coming from the back side of the house, Smith said.
The modular home was a complete loss, he said.
The family — a couple and their two children — were not home at the time of the fire.
Smith said the family dog was inside the house at the time of the fire and was rescued by firefighters. The dog was not injured.
Additional fire crews were sent to the fire because of the heat and to keep firefighters from getting heat exhaustion, Smith said.
The American Red Cross is assisting the family.
— Shavonne Walker
By Shavonne Walker email@example.com SALISBURY — Well-known China Grove karate instructor Wayne Eugene Hill, who has been in the county... read more