Rushco employee charged with embezzlement
SALISBURY — Crysta Lynn Jordan, 43, was arrested Thursday after she allegedly embezzled from her employer.
According to police reports, Jordan, a cashier at Rushco Market 11 on Statesville Boulevard, did not return change to a customer. The moment was caught on a security camera, and an examination of footage showed Jordan allegedly ringing up several items without paying for them.
Police estimate that between April 29 and June 4, approximately $39.60 was embezzled from the gas station. Jordan was arrested and charged with larceny by servants and other employees, and placed in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $1,000 bond.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
- A woman reported a burglary Wednesday in the 600 block of Ferndale Drive.
- A woman Wednesday reported that a bicycle was stolen from the 1300 block of Kenly Street.
- Police report that child pornography was discovered on a computer Wednesday after it was taken to Simple Solutions on Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue for servicing.
- A woman reported a fraud by false pretense in the 700 block of East Innes Street Wednesday.
- Police report that counterfeit money was used to buy a Pioneer sound system Wednesday.
- A woman reported a robbery with a firearm Wednesday in the 800 block of Old Plank Road.
- A man reported items stolen Wednesday in the 1100 block of Old Concord Road.
- Timothy Paul Wiseman Jr., 24 was charged with resist, delay and obstructing a public officer, weapons possession by a felon, possession with intent to manufacture a schedule I controlled substance, maintaining a dwelling or vehicle for a controlled substance and manufacture or delivery of drug paraphernalia.
- Hannah Elizabeth McCraven, 21, was charged Wednesday in the 1100 block of Sidney Drive with assault and battery or affray.