• 66°

Rowan weather: Damp and cloudy again

We have just a 30 percent chance of rain today, mainly in the afternoon, but it will be cloudy most of the day with a high near 70. Winds will come from the northeast at 5-7 mph. Less than a tenth of an inch of rain is expected.

The chance of rain tonight is also 30 percent, with fog forming after 11 p.m. The low will be 56, with east northeast wind at 3-7 mph.

Thursday’s chance of rain is also 30 percent, with cloudy skies and a cooler high of 66. Winds will be from the northeast at 6 mph. Expect little accumulation. The chance of rain drops to 20 percent Thursday night, with a low around 55.

Showers are likely Friday, with a 60 percent chance of rain, mainly after 3 p.m. It will be cloudy again, with a high of 66 and east northeast wind at 5-9 mph. Friday night has a 90 percent chance of rain, with thunderstorms possible. The low will be 60.

The weekend will be wet, too.

Saturday’s chance of rain is 70 percent, with a high of 70 and mostly cloudy skies. The chance for showers drops to 30 percent Saturday night, with a low of 56.

Sunday has just a 30 percent chance of showers after noon, with mostly cloudy skies and a high of 71. The low will be 55, with no mention of rain.

The new week starts off mostly sunny, with a high of 75 Monday. The low will be 56.

Tuesday will be sunny and warmer, with a high of 80.

Comments

Local

‘Meet the need’: Rowan County Health Department looks to add to vaccination options

Local

Seaford is first woman in county hired for town manager position since the ’90s

Local

Colonial Spring Frolic makes a comeback to kick off museum’s year

Local

Concord City Council wants to name bridge for fallen officer, Rowan native

Education

RSS administration will recommend selling Faith Elementary property to charter school

Business

Inspired by advice from father-in-law, Angela Mills launches her own business in memory of him

Local

Rowan County Democrats re-elect leaders, pass resolutions

Local

Baseball: Memories come alive in Ferebee book

Local

During Child Abuse Prevention Month, professionals reflect on detecting abuse in a virtual world

Business

Biz Roundup: Small Business Center announces spring slate of workshop for business owners

Clubs

Kiwanis Pancake Festival starts Friday

Local

Rowan fire marshal seeks to clear up confusion, worry caused by solicitation letter

Education

Fun every day: Fifth anniversary for Yadkin Path Montessori School

Nation/World

Charles: Royal family ‘deeply grateful’ for support for Philip

News

North Carolina sites to resume J&J vaccines after CDC review

News

Cooper OKs bill offering K-12 students summer school option

High School

High school football: Playoff time means get ready for ‘big-boy football’

High School

High school football: Hornets overpower South to secure playoff spot

Crime

Jeffrey MacDonald won’t be released despite deteriorating health

Business

Amazon warehouse workers reject union in Alabama

Nation/World

Ex-NFL player’s brain to be probed for trauma-related harm after Rock Hill shootings

Education

Duke University to require COVID vaccinations for fall term

Education

Cooper OKs bill offering K-12 students summer school option

High School

High school football: Record night for Pinckney as East cruises; Carson wins thriller in OT