Salisbury City Council to consider bar on Main Street
By Amanda Raymond
SALISBURY — A bar may be moving to South Main Street.
The Salisbury City Council will consider issuing a special-use permit to allow a bar at 612 S. Main St.
The permit proposal was presented at a workshop during the Salisbury Planning Board meeting on April 24.
Janet NekooasL is the applicant for the permit. At the Planning Board meeting, she said plans to have three billiard tables in the bar, called Break-n-Run Bar & Billiards, so that she can host pool leagues. She also wants to add a restaurant within a year, according to documents provided to the city.
The bar will be open Tuesday to Saturday from 3 p.m. to 1 a.m. and would have 24-hour live camera surveillance. The recordings will be kept for 20 days.
There will be a public hearing during which those in favor of or in opposition to the bar will be able to speak.
In other business, the council will consider:
- Approving a $227,000 contract with Interstate Roofing for roof replacements at the Civic Center, West End Business Center and Miller Center.
- Adopting an ordinance to temporarily close North Main Street between Innes Street and Kerr Street for the Slide the City event on July 9 from 4 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.
- Hear a presentation from Jason Walker from the North Carolina Forest Service about Arbor Day and Salisbury’s 2015 Tree City USA Award.
- Hear a presentation from Sam Foust from the Salisbury-Rowan Housing Authority about a Homeless Veterans Task Force initiative.
- Naming and renaming streets along the South Main Street Bridge overpass at Cedar Springs and Peeler Roads since the 30-day public comment period has been completed.
- Making appointments to boards and commissions.
- Hear public comment.
- Hear a presentation from City Manager Lane Bailey about the fiscal year 2016-2017 proposed budget and also consider setting a public hearing.
- Hear a street paving report from the city managery.
The mayor will proclaim:
- May 14, 2016, as Catawba College Day.
- May 14, 2016, as Rowan Blues and Jazz Society Day.
- May 30, 2016, as Veterans Memorial Day.
- The month of May as Mental Health Month.
- June 25, 2016 as Salisbury Pride Day.
Contact reporter Amanda Raymond at 704-797-4222.
SALISBURY — Carolina Tactical Outfitters, LLC at 2162 Statesville Blvd. is holding its grand opening on Saturday. The celebration will... read more