Robber upset to find victim only had 2 cents
SALISBURY — A robber was upset that a man only had two cents to give him.
Thomas Emmesberger, 17, was charged on Friday with robbery with a firearm or other dangerous weapon and carrying a concealed weapon.
A man reported that he was robbed at midnight. He said he was walking down the median of East Innes Street when Emmesberger approached him and asked if he had any money.
When the victim said he didn’t have any money, Emmesberger pulled out a dark colored handgun, which was later determined to be a gas/air-powered BB gun.
The victim only had two pennies to give Emmesberger. Emmesberger threw the pennies back at the victim, demanding more money.
The victim had nothing more to give and Emmesberger ran on foot behind the Circle K gas station. He was later spotted at Starbucks by a clerk who recognized him because he had been seen asking for money in the area before.
He was then seen on Marriott Circle. The woman who flagged officers down said she was afraid to get out of her car because she had seen a man lying under a boat.
Emmesberger was finally arrested in the 1000 block of East Innes Street.
He is being confined at the Rowan County Detention Center and was issued a $10,000 secure bond.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
- A woman reported a larceny Thursday from a vehicle at Walmart.
- A woman reported property damage on her vehicle at the 700 block of Julian Road.
- Henderson High School reported property damage on Thursday at the 1200 block of North Main Street.
- A man reported larceny from a motor vehicle Thursday at the 1600 block of Mooresville Road.
- A man reported larceny from a motor vehicle Thursday at the 300 block of Faith Road.
- A woman reported the larceny of a bicycle Thursday at the 700 block of North Main Street.
- A man reported larceny of automobile accessories Thursday at the 1000 block of Klumac Road.
- A man reported vandalism Thursday at the 900 block of South Main Street.
- A man reported a strong-arm robbery with no weapon Friday at the 300 block of Bendix Drive.
- A man reported a burglary Friday at the 200 block of Myron Place.
- Thandeka Bruton, 24, was charged Thursday with breaking and entering a building and simple assault and battery or affray at the 100 block of East Liberty Street.
- Tyler Aaimer Spencer Nichols, 17, was charged Thursday with larceny at the 2400 block of Statesville Boulevard.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
- A man reported an assault with a knife on Wednesday at the 6500 block of Wright Road in Kannapolis.
- A man reported simple physical assault on Wednesday at the 110 block of West Liberty Street.
- A woman reported simple physical assault on Wednesday at the 200 block of Daisy Lane.
- A man reported larceny from a motor vehicle on Wednesday at the 1200 block of Elizabeth Avenue in Kannapolis.
- A man reported stolen property possession on Wednesday at the 8600 block of Old Beatty Ford Road.