Crime blotter: Shots fired on West Innes
Published 2:21 pm Thursday, May 12, 2016
SALISBURY — The West Innes Street Pop Shoppe reported shots fired after a confrontation broke out at the location.
Salisbury Police spokeswoman Shelia Lingle said that Wednesday around 10 p.m., the store clerk called police and said several black males had had “a confrontation” at the store’s front door. The clerk said that one of the men got into a black Chevy Impala and fired two shots as he pulled away from the gas station. The other men ran away, the clerk told officers. Police have not been able to determine if anything was hit. No arrests have been made.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
- A man reported a fraud Wednesday after his credit card was used to purchase a blender.
- On Wednesday a man attempted to steal a pair of boots from Walmart after he tried on a new pair, left his old boots in the box, and tried to leave the store without paying.
- A woman reported an animal attack Wednesday in the 1300 block of Larchmont Place.
- A man reported a larceny Wednesday in the 200 block of West Marsh Street.
- A forcible entry and attempted burglary was reported Wednesday in the 700 block of South Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue.
- Police report they were cursed by an intoxicated man Wednesday in the 1400 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard.
- Knox Middle school reported a larceny Wednesday.
- Walmart on Wednesday reported a larceny from a car parked on the premise.
- Shane Jamie Flaherty, 37, was charged Wednesday with assault on a female in the 1400 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard.
Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
- Boat and RV World on West Ritchie Road reported Tuesday that a burglary occurred at the store and that items were stolen from an RV.
- McCanless Golf Club in the 3500 block of Stokes Ferry Road reported items stolen Tuesday.
- Harold Ronald Bean, 46, was charged Tuesday with possession of drug paraphernalia in the 1200 block of Panther Point Road, Richfield.
- Justin Taylor Moss, 27, was charged Tuesday in the 300 block of Nazareth Home Road, Rockwell, with larceny.
- Christopher James Drye, 46, was charged Tuesday at the Rowan County Courthouse with resist, delay and obstructing a public officer.
- Amanda Ann Imes, 33, was charged Tuesday with larceny after the Dollar General in the 2100 block of Mooresville Road reported items stolen.