Published 12:00 am Saturday, April 30, 2016
SALISBURY — A bedroom window was damaged after a woman reported shots fired into her home Friday. The woman told police that she was in the main room of her home, in the 600 block of South Shaver Street, when she heard a loud bang. Police found that a bullet had damaged a window in the front bedroom of the home. The woman said she didn’t know anyone who would want to fire at her house.
Salisbury Police spokeswoman Shelia Lingle said no other details were available.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
- A man reported Thursday that the rear window of his car, parked in the 100 block of Union Heights Blvd., was shattered by a rock.
- A mail carrier reported Thursday reported that he was bitten in the leg by a loose dog in the 400 block of Best St.
- Police arrested a man Thursday for an outstanding warrant at the Super 8 motel on Bendix Drive. According to reports, drugs were discovered on his person.
- Ladonna Renne Tatum, 46, was charged with larceny Thursday in the 1200 block of Klumac Road.
- Nathaniel Archibald Carter, 40, was charged with larceny by servants and other employees Thursday in the 1500 block of Harrison Road.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Department reports:
- Wednesday Nicholas Mathew Barbee, 36, in the 300 block of Phillips Ave., Landis, was cited for misuse of 911, possession of drug paraphernalia and charged with communicating threats against an officer after a deputy saw him remove three syringes and a spoon from his pocket and the man called 911 for an anxiety attack.
- A man reported a larceny Wednesday in the 600 block of St. Peter’s Church Road, Gold Hill.
- Deputies made an arrest for resisting arrest when reports say he or she obstructed a law enforcement investigation in the 900 block of South Kimmons St., Landis.
- Brittney Overman Fowler, 30, was charged Wednesday with resist, delay and obstructing a public officer in the 100 block of Autumn Glen Drive, Rockwell, after deputies responded to reports of an assault.
- Toney Rome Allison, 31, was charged Wednesday at the Rowan County Courthouse with resist, obstruct and delay, not aggravated.
- Robert James Kahler, 22, was charged Wednesday on Deal Road with resist, delay and obstructing a public officer after deputies responded to reports of an assault.
- Jostin Robert Murphy, 25, and Donte Archie, 27, were charged Wednesday with possession with intent to make, sell and deliver a schedule VI controlled substance after deputies seized marijuana during a traffic stop in the 7000 block of Old Concord Road.